CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure
02-25-2016, (Subject: CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure ) 
CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure
My uncle is is chasing an issue and cannot find the source.

He has been getting fault codes for unstable fuel pressure, fuel pressure below normal, and above normal.

Truck already has about 700k miles.. Believe it or not but an inframe has been performed at 450k.

Fuel pump has been updated by the dealer.. High pressure relief valve has been replaced.. And I think he has tried replacing 2 injectors.

When he does the fuel pressure test, says it holds fine (followed rawzes youtube vid)

Any ideas on what can be done?
replyreply
02-25-2016, (Subject: CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure ) 
RE: CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure
What are the codes. It may be meaturing actuator on fuel pump. It could be a bad fuel pressure sensor.
replyreply
02-26-2016, (Subject: CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure ) 
I will try to get the codes.. We think that it might be the metering actuator too... But have not tried to replace it.
replyreply
02-29-2016, (Subject: CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure ) 
Now he is getting about 1 gallon per minute of diesel in his oil
replyreply
03-01-2016, (Subject: CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure ) 
It sounds like it maybe the the fuel pump destroying the engine. Even the updated pumps can fail.

Whatever it is needs to be fixed right away, if it is not already too late.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Just in case someone stumbles on this thread looking for answers.

I stopped by on Sunday near Davenport IA where he was broken down. Spend about 4 hours and we came to the conclusion that the pump is bad. New (reman, supposedly new is not available at the moment) pump went in yesterday evening and the truck is on its way.

Oil was drained right away, new oil with lucas was added. Plan was to go a short distance and do another oil change. I have not spoke to them today but last night everything seemed to be in good order.

Reman pump shop price was a hair under $3k
replyreply
$3000 for a pump, what a rip off! Think I'll add one to the on board inventory.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(03-01-2016 )Aleeex Wrote:  Just in case someone stumbles on this thread looking for answers.

I stopped by on Sunday near Davenport IA where he was broken down. Spend about 4 hours and we came to the conclusion that the pump is bad. New (reman, supposedly new is not available at the moment) pump went in yesterday evening and the truck is on its way.

Oil was drained right away, new oil with lucas was added. Plan was to go a short distance and do another oil change. I have not spoke to them today but last night everything seemed to be in good order.

you should have cut open an oil filter and looked for metal shavings.

Lucas .. Baah humbug!. Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-02-2016, (Subject: CM2230 Unstable fuel pressure ) 
(03-01-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 )Aleeex Wrote:  Just in case someone stumbles on this thread looking for answers.

you should have cut open an oil filter and looked for metal shavings.

Lucas .. Baah humbug!. Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)...
Guess I will have to send him that link.. I personally do not use lucas..

I think he may have already changed the oil with all filters. I'll ask tomorrow and if he still hasn't, I'll tell him to keep his filter
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.