2015 Intl Pro Star
03-21-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star
Rawze,

Thx for response . Im going to run truck for a month after i perform what you suggested ( fuel pump update, overhead and egr tune up)and i will send a coolant sample to the lab ( polaris or cat) . Rawze any opinion on what i saw at the surge tank?
replyreply
03-21-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
if it is suspect, you can always put a pressure test set on it, rev engine up, and see if it is making pressure too rapidly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
04-14-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
UPDATE:

Whats up guys , hope everyone is good. Ok got a few things here;

- Performed EGR tune up on truck . Doser Injector was inspected and was found to be clean as a whistle. Also I had them go thru the emissions system DEF screens , NOX sensor and piping. Everything is clean and good.

- Overhead was set . Top end inspected cam shaft , cam rollers . Clean and good.

- Fuel pump head rebuilt. New tappets , plungers . Cam is good.

- New brakes and drums ( rear)

- Checked front king pins ( good) installed new front shocks and had alignment done. Truck has brand new Michelin steers, I want to preserve them.

I picked truck up from shop today in the AM. I had something very concerning happen.
while fueling up b4 heading to Chicago truck started shaking and I could hear turbo whistling, I turned the truck off finished fueling . I turned it back on pulled out of fuel bay parked opened hood and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Decided to drive back to my shop as it was 3 miles away. As i was driving back and came to a stop sign it did it again! I could see the shop i tried to accelerate and nothing! BTW no CEL ever came on.

I turned the truck off waited few secs and turned it back on. Got to the shop talked to my mechanic. He hooked up to it . He told me there was a code for the VGT actuator. He reset it and explained to me that when these trucks sit for a while the VGT actuator gets moisture , which creates rust and it may stick and cause what I experienced.

Want to know if this is true ? has anyone ever experienced this ? Also after he cleared the code I took it for a test drive. It didnt do it again, So I headed out to Chicago which is 110 miles away and problem did not come back again. Any input will be appreciated. Thx.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paccardude
04-25-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
Whats up guys? Hope everyone is good.

Update and observations on 2015 Intl Prostar. I drove the truck a whole week . Drove truck for 1500 miles so far.

- Oil is still slightly brown, starting to turn black.

- Been monitoring coolant and oil levels and no change. Still full.

- NO CEL and actuator issue has not resurfaced.

- No REGENS

- Turning radius will take some getting used to. I used to whip around everywhere with my Freightliner Century day cab.

- Truck fires up instantly .

- Overall truck is running great with no issues, for now at least.

- Only complaint I have is the hood popped open on me on I80 west Thursday. I think some new Hood straps are in my future.

Thats pretty much it. I will update after first oil change which will be in 3500 miles and I will be running oil sample at that point. Stay safe Truckers.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
04-26-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
My prostar has quite tight turn radius. - It could be that you need to reset the poppit valves in the power steering unit.

some related post that came up in a search: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid15285

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , amermextrucker
Ive had 2 gear pumps intalled on my other trucks and never once has one of those mechanics ever mentioned this procedure. Wow! Thx I will try this where I park at this week, hopefully the steering wheel doesnt come off! Good info sir.
replyreply
(04-26-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  Ive had 2 gear pumps intalled on my other trucks and never once has one of those mechanics ever mentioned this procedure. Wow! Thx I will try this where I park at this week, hopefully the steering wheel doesnt come off! Good info sir.

Any time you replace a power steering unit, they need to be set. - It is standard practice.

When is the last time the filter was changed? -- Can;t tell you how many truck owners have been here ... never changed the damn power steering filter, nonetheless the oil. ... hell... most do not even know the damn filter is inside the resiviour tank, nonetheless that you should change it along with the fluid every 2 years or 250k miles.

-- I see that all too familiar neglected truck syndrome these days moreso than ever. Maybe its due to a serious lack of proper give a s$it?. Perhaps a severe lack of taking the time to learn the whole trucks full maint. schedule?... who knows .. but then everyone wonders why they have nothing but problems out of their equipment.

replyreply
05-15-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
UPDATE

Hello hope everyone is in good health.

I've ran truck now for 5500 miles (4 weeks). I will be changing oil next week. I've been monitoring fluids. Coolant no usage whatsoever. Oil on the other hand was full right at letter "F" now I can see the word "FULL"
What do you guys think? I'm not adding oil as it's still within range. Makes me wonder though.
replyreply
05-15-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
My cm871 fill it to full and over about 5-6k miles it makes it 1/2 way down the hashing then magically doesn't move from there till oil change at 15k miles

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.