EGR Tune up results
07-21-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
RE: EGR Tune up results
That thing looks pretty bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-07-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
is there any fuel additive that will help clean intake anvalves and sensers
replyreply
(08-07-2016 )woodwoody1 Wrote:  is there any fuel additive that will help clean intake anvalves and sensers

Carburetor Cleaner when the parts are removed for a regular EGR tune-up...[smartass]
No fuel conditioner can solve this problem, if three was, nobody would do mandate removals.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(07-21-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  That thing looks pretty bad.

Sure was. I re watched your video on replacing one and noticed that mine looked really close to the one shown in the video and decided I'd better pull the plug and get a new one.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
08-08-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
(08-07-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 )woodwoody1 Wrote:  is there any fuel additive that will help clean intake anvalves and sensers

Carburetor Cleaner when the parts are removed for a regular EGR tune-up...[smartass]
No fuel conditioner can solve this problem, if three was, nobody would do mandate removals.
guess I knew that but one can always dream,was hoping something might extend cleaning intervals
replyreply
08-08-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
(08-08-2016 )woodwoody1 Wrote:  guess I knew that but one can always dream,was hoping something might extend cleaning intervals

I don't know that I'd be looking to extend the intervals. I've slowly been accumulating the parts to re-install the mandate as there is talk of making it a part of the annual inspection criteria in my home base. If they do, and I can't find willing participants, I intend to make this procedure a max 6 month interval. With shorter cleaning intervals, the residule buildup will be lower, making it a quicker procedure.
That, and running a better/cleaner burning "compliant" tune should help reduce the overall greif factor...IMHO.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
08-09-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
(08-08-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 )woodwoody1 Wrote:  guess I knew that but one can always dream,was hoping something might extend cleaning intervals

I don't know that I'd be looking to extend the intervals. I've slowly been accumulating the parts to re-install the mandate as there is talk of making it a part of the annual inspection criteria in my home base. If they do, and I can't find willing participants, I intend to make this procedure a max 6 month interval. With shorter cleaning intervals, the residule buildup will be lower, making it a quicker procedure.
That, and running a better/cleaner burning "compliant" tune should help reduce the overall greif factor...IMHO.

I have seen emissions inspection reports that show better numbers with MM than stock, even with the stuff removed. - I think it just depends on how they are going to test it.
replyreply
(08-09-2016 )Marajin Wrote:  I have seen emissions inspection reports that show better numbers with MM than stock, even with the stuff removed. - I think it just depends on how they are going to test it.

It's a lot of conjecture, fear mungering, and trucker BS, but the general idea the stealer-ships are saying is; the unit must have OEM, or equivelant, aftertreatment system as standard of vehicle year manufacture. If removed, bypassed, deleted, or not in working order, it is a fail condition and must be rectified to pass Annual CVIP.
Until I actually see it in writing I don't believe it. And even then, I think there will be players that will still CVIP units anyway. The stealer-ships of coarse then say; anyone certifying deleted units will lose their CVIP authority status. At times it almost sounds like they are trying to form their own La Cosa Nostra, and I wouldn't put it past them to start reporting shops if/when it does come in. Now that they've got their first dose they're just like junkies or politicians, they just can't get enough, and won't be satisfied even if they get it all.

Let's be honest about it here, the problems these systems create have been the largest single increase in service demand, revenue generation, and profit to the truck repair service segment of the industry that I'm aware of. Of coarse they would absolutely be on the side of persuading the DOT to make this a part of the CVIP program.
I alone had three consecutive Series 60's that went 1M miles without rebuilds. The maintenance program was basically; install a Spinner Bypass Filter at new, change oil regularly, replace the turbo at 600,000miles (before failure), annual overhead adjustment, and don't drive it like an a$$hole. In three consecutive motors the largest issue I had was a bearing failure on a bull gear that was caught by oil analasys before component failure There is no way they want to return to that kind of reliability.

replyreply
as a licensed cvip inspector in your home base..

i have the rules and have seen the rules up to 2020 and they CLEARLY STATE the system must have the physical appearance of stock but does not have to be tested and functioning. The reasoning behind this is that by testing its function puts the shop/tech in a tough position because they have to have the software/tools to do it (lets be honest they are not going to do that), have no way of actually testing its performance(gas testing, etc) and would make the shop somewhat liable if they break a functioning system.

this will probably never come to be part of the CVIP program, but i know it is not before atleast 2020.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.