Metering actuator question
04-23-2020, (Subject: Metering actuator question ) 
Metering actuator question
Anyone ever seen this? The one metering actuator has o-rings instead of a gasket and it. Cummins looked up part numbers and old ones from a cm570, 870 and 871 and cant find one that didnt have a gasket.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: Metering actuator question
My CM870 had one apparently the metal gasket is supposed to work with the old style actuator too don't take my word on it though.
replyreply
very early ones had o-rings like that - then they went to newer style updated with the metal gasket.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Signature620
The 870 style ifsm I put on my 871 had clean marks that clearly showed it had oring actuators on it. Saw several ifsm units in the salvage yard Cummins box where I found mine but all the others had a different filter base on them that took alot bigger filters and had different sized threaded filter nipple.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.