CM871 kickin my Butt
05-21-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
Thanks Rawze, a couple weeks before this thing went south, I had watched your video on this and opened the cap to check my Jake's lash as I've felt my trucks Jake Brake is half as strong as it should be, compared to a 2016 ProStar I was in as a company driver before, but lash wasn't too badly out, so I'm thinking maybe one of the Jake Solenoids has failed, I think I've caught in a video of either you or someone else saying there is testing of them in insite once I can hookup to my truck.

I did just read that you've stated the lash tightens down as these engines age causing Cam Wear, so hopefully tomorrow I won't have a windy rainy day and I'll get on that.

That shop my truck was at also said it wouldn't do the RE-Gen, so I opened the line off the turbo to hit the doser with some cleaner, but I started at that time also with exhaust disconnected and still I could tell down cylinders (lump lump lump) so that removed DPF clogged from a cause, yet I plan to still pressure wash the DOC & DPF.

Thanks for the input, I will have to closely examine my cams as I'm worried now, not in this long enough to afford an in-frame yet without borrowing $$. I've watched a lot of your videos on your rebuild, it almost makes me feel I might be able to rebuild mine one day, but I'm not that confident yet, :) I just wanted this thing to get me 2 years profitting before I had to rebuild it.

It's really hard to accept putting this back together with that dang Soot puffer back onto my intake again and would really like to stop that.

Once I can start learning Insite and seeing what you can monitor, perhaps I'll learn some tricks, anyone with good info that doesn't want to post can email me at [email protected]

Again Thanks,
Russ
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - RustyWood - 05-21-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.