CM871 kickin my Butt
05-22-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
(05-21-2020 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Don’t wash those cans with water. Maybe compressed air if anything. You wash them once, you’ll be wishing for a demandate quickly. The regen quality will be greatly reduced and you’ll end up having a bigger problem. Best thing would be to get them cleaned at the right machine at the dealer and fix the spot problem. Prob is more than one issue causing too much soot, likely an accumulation of problems.

Ok, thanks, did you find this out from personal experience? I've just seen lots of folks cleaning them that way on YouTube, some even stated they'd stopped using the expensive machines built for cleaning the DPF's costing us Truckers again on something unnecessary as pressure washing seemed to be working fine and it was hyped up that these things had to have special cleaning. So I've not been so sure, it seems like it should be fine to pressure wash, and blow out with my shop vac or air compressor.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - RustyWood - 05-22-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.