CM871 kickin my Butt
05-22-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
(05-22-2020 )Jimmy Wrote:  Well I Never Did Here Anybody Say Anything About Runnin A Cylinder Cut Out Test On It. I Don’t Know How They Determined It Was #3.
I Agree With Rawze, I Would Check The Overhead And Do An Injector Leak Test On It.
Also Put A Sight Glass On It And See If You’re Suckin Air.
Also Check Your Fuel Return Line Restriction.
Not Only ISX But Most Fuel Injection Systems Can’t Stand Return Line Restriction, And Will Make Them Generally Run Like shi#t.

Yea that shop wouldn't provide much info to me , I had asked them to do the Cylinder Cut out Test, but for all I know they were throwin parts at it and shooting in the dark after replacing the Turbo and still wasn't running right, many shops do that instead of being the trained professionals they're supposed to be, too lazy to do the proper tests.

I completed the overhead set, and I set them .015 & .028 based on seeing Rawze discussing it with a guy and these engines lower the lash as they age and wear, but for a still missing and crappy running engine, it actually seems slightly better, revs a tad quicker for lumpiness, yet fairly smooth at 1000RPM but at 1250RPM it shakes pretty bad.

Following Rawze's suggestion, I'm going to order the Injector Leak kit, (plate with hose) and do the Injector Leak tests at the Fuel Metering Actuator. Checking Fuel Return line is a great idea thanks. So if all injectors look good and not leaking, I'm guessing (once I have the Inline 6 kit with Insite), the cylinder cut out tests, especially front 3 to back 3 cylinders is how we isolate which set of the 2 actuators Timing and Metering are bad, especially swapping them front to back and see if the problem follows to those cylinders. But how do you tell if both the timing and metering are bad, or just 1, and which of those 2 is bad? Does Insite show they're performance based on voltage steadiness or pulses, does it have graphing to show how clean the signal is as if functions? Sorry if there's a video covering all this that I haven't found yet, please link me to it, and thanks again guys.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - RustyWood - 05-22-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.