CM871 kickin my Butt
05-27-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
My ESN 79287222, everything I've read and watched you discuss is why I'd like to meet you experience folks and increase my knowledge on this. And I've driven mine as you've suggested and I'm the best miler of our small 14 truck company, most are long noses but I think about 3 or 4 are Aero Cabs, but the folks who operate the company told me I'm by far getting the best mileage, and I'm not near what you get, but I'm always in the 7's and sometimes low 8.

In listening to what you've had to say about driving and knowing Hot Rod Magazines proved years ago, engines need to be revved and run better, they even took 2 fresh rebuilt engines the same, and broke both in entirely different, one they did the old "baby it, for the first 1000 mentality" the other they ran it hard on the dyno straight off, and proved the rings seat better and that engine ended up making considerable better power and ran better.

I have a 6 speed Cummins 24valve Ram with 25K more miles than my Dad's older 12valve, yet he idles around our small town (never getting on it), and he came home from pulling his camper 2 years ago and told me it simply lacks any power, I got in it, and it'd barely make 2000rpm. I put some Howe's diesel Treatment in it, and when he was out of town, I revved the hell of his truck and woke it up, yet it still needs some hard running to get better still, but mine will zip right up to redline as it should.
(I'm going to try Diesel Cleen you've suggested)

The company I drove a short time for to get back into truck driving as I hadn't driven a Semi since 1994, (I left the Semi-Conductor Industry after 24 years to move to North Idaho and get outta the big city) anyway, their trucks were auto's, and their shift mapping was terrible, climbing hills the damn thing wouldn't downshift until about 1180rpm, it was terrible.
I shift mine even approaching a hill like you said, and get it up there 1500-1600rpm, and I only push the teeter bottom of my pedal to the floor, I never lift up to the middle of the pedal to mash it to the floor. (I drive in my socks so I can really feel the pedal better.)

I can have only 16000lbs on board and still have far more loaded trucks pass me on hills cause all these guys mash the pedal to the floor, and I only go 63-65mph on the flats. It doesn't matter if I'm light or heavy I only use that lower limit of my pedal so I can deliver still at 7 - 8 mpg.

I know you drive at 55-60, but in my truck that has me below 1450 and I can tell my truck is lugging more and doesn't really like it, I have 3.55's running 295/75-22.5 with a 13speed. My cams looked good and I'm going to start putting 1 gallon of gear oil with oil changes like you've done, and I hope to go awhile before rebuild.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - RustyWood - 05-27-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.