CM871 kickin my Butt
05-27-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
Odd. Other than the year we have basically the same truck. Been a pretty good truck to me, just got to take care of it.

Definitely keep up with the gear oil. I ate the valve cam at 685k. Took some advice from the trusted members of the board here, and most importantly, used common sense and questioned every aspect of the convential owner operators business model and I've ended up doing ok. Took a truck that wasn't very profitable, rolled up my sleeves and managed to do well with it.

I've listened to some trash out there from KR and Pittsburgh Power and read what there is out there to read and now that I've been doing this for awhile, it's easy to look back and realize that these people are full of it. In the grand scheme of things, they aren't much different than Cummins, the stealership, the EPA, etc...just coming up with a different excuse to make a few bucks off you.

What I need to know that I can't figure out on my own I can ask here and trust that I get good answers. Ignore the rest of the Riff Raff.

As far as HP goes, mine was turned up to 485 and even after driving it nicely, at 850k it's about done, head is worn out. Maybe that can give you a rough idea of what you have left. Any initial gains I felt in power didn't last too long, probably 50k.

What I think is strange is you have a 2009 T2000 made in 10-2009, but I have a 2010 but it was made 03-2009.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - dhirocz - 05-27-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.