CM871 kickin my Butt
05-28-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
Leak Tester arrived last night, and Yep, I have 2 bad Injectors that I tested today #2 & #4, it amazes me that shop supposedly replaced #3 Injector but then had no idea why my truck still ran terrible and they gave up, and I took my Truck out of their shop before their parts guessing got my bill any higher than $5609. and they call themselves total truck shop, yet they're rear lot is full of nothing but Volvo's. LOL.. I think they're a good shop for those trucks but obviously not too skilled with ISX's. I had them drop my Trans, and replace rear main seal and a few other things just about a month earlier and they did well with that, so I thought they could fix my issue since I was coming down into town on their side with a Lumber load.

It's just hard to believe that it was running great, and whammo, I had the VG plate freeze in the Turbo and now 3 Injectors all go bad at the same time?

It was very strange when it went bad, it actually sounded metallic and it felt like it was in the Trans broke under me and something went bad in the trans, then quickly switched up to the engine not sounding right, and the metallic sound went away and it was just lumpy like 3 cylinders went out.

Do you guys think getting back into town that 45 miles or so chuggin like a slug is what made Injectors go bad or could that much stuff go bad in one shot, is driving on a bad Turbo that detrimental to Injector Health and caused all this ?

Ah, DHL just got here with my Inline 6 kit, I've heard some say to get an old Laptop, is that because new ones like mine don't have a 9 pin serial, but I see this kit comes with a USB adapter, shouldn't that work ok, or have any of you seen it just works better to serial?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - RustyWood - 05-28-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.