CM871 kickin my Butt
07-28-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
The string gasket, I used anti-seize on it, just a light coating all the way around, and it stuck right in the slot. I would not use RTV on the actual gasket itself, but on the outer edge of the structure, towards the outside of the motor. And use the guide pins, anti-seize the gasket, set in place, cut the gasket, run a small bead of RTV around the outer edge of the gasket on the aluminum structure, not the gasket, but the structure, screw in the two guide pins on the top of the structure, set plate on them and work into place. That bracket on the left lower side of the motor is a bitch, but doable. Much easier to do with everything apart, trust me on that.

On that stripped out bolt, I would get a Heli-Coil kit, sounds like you have time. Use a sharp drill bit, BUT, file down the end so that the drill bit does not grab into the aluminum. The two tangs or teeth, I'm not a drill bit expert, you want the end of the drill bit rounded off so that it does not grab into the soft aluminum when you start the hole, so that it is not sucked into the hole, which will more than likely throw everything off and ruin the hole for the Heli-Coil.

I believe this is the kit you will need to use... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002S...UTF8&psc=1

You will need a 13/32 inch drill...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - Waterloo - 07-28-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.