CM871 kickin my Butt
08-17-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
A bit more studying my procedures and learning more. OK I should have the 4 degree wedge on the Injector Cam, and the 6 on the Valve Cam, Since 6 didn't fit proper to Valve Cam I think I clearly I had a cam slip, breaking my valve, and there wasn't much old Loctite 609 on the Valve Cam to scrap off, at this point with #3 sleeve not looking too good, I really don't want to just throw a new head on to turn around and just pull off again, especially since the Head Gasket is $292. Bucks and I'd be damned worried to drop a Liner or cause more damage trying to drive across country. I'm going to do a full rebuild, it's the only thing that makes sense, but I'd sure like an experts help doing the Liners, that dang tool is like $2450. by itself, plus I need Liner Installer/Remover Tool, and maybe get that sled Dial Indicator, All this and I'm at those videos with more to watch, so study them and the procedures about the Liner Deck Height and counter boring cutting and study on all this good, it sucks I'm also by myself with no help with the big stuff like installing the head, and I have to use chains, I don't have that head holding lift bracket.

User's Signature: 2009 Kenworth T2000, 13sp 3.55's. CM871 CPL2732. IMA Old Hot Rodder !
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - RustyWood - 08-17-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.