Prostar and Volvo
06-25-2020, (Subject: Prostar and Volvo ) 
RE: Prostar and Volvo
(06-25-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  ...- fuel pump needs to be rebuilt or replaced every 400,000 miles or it can boat anchor

The Cm871's do not have this issue. They have proven themselves to be more reliable engine than the newer 2250 and 2350's overall.

-- As far as choosing engine ...

Since you say you like to do your own work to it.. there is really only one choice .. the Red headed step child cummins it is ... it is the most easily maintainable and modifiable, most friendly of the more modern engine to work on yourself nad all the software for it is avail online in shady places for free.. it is a no-brainer as far as engine go. All manuals and drawing, parts books, how-to's all info ris avail at cummins via free quickserv account too. - The Volvo .. good luck working on it or getting any kind of decent custom programming, or anything much else to help the back-yard mechanic along.. not nearly as freindly.

as far as the truck is concerned ...

the chassis of the prostar is about 0.6 mpg more efficient if all other specs were the same when compared to a Volvo chassis.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Prostar and Volvo - GAguy912 - 06-25-2020,
RE: Prostar and Volvo - Rawze - 06-25-2020,
RE: Prostar and Volvo - Rawze - 06-25-2020
RE: Prostar and Volvo - Magard - 06-27-2020,
RE: Prostar and Volvo - Magard - 06-28-2020,
RE: Prostar and Volvo - Rawze - 06-30-2020,
RE: Prostar and Volvo - JimT - 07-03-2020,
RE: Prostar and Volvo - Rawze - 07-03-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.