What’s the saying? No good deed goes unpunished!
06-27-2020, (Subject: What’s the saying? No good deed goes unpunished! ) 
RE: What’s the saying? No good deed goes unpunished!
My own truck is extremely well looked after. I also have video on exactly how the enigne was rebuilt, and i think there are about 1000+ people that would agree that I take really good care of my equipment.

Hypothetically, if I were selling it (just using mine as an example) .... This still does not give me the right to ask a lot more for it to the general unsuspecting populous, just because I know what was done to it. -- To anyone who does not know my truck, its history, or anything else .. It is unfair and I cannot expect to get more than what the typical truck of that age would fetch on the open markets. It is only that limited circle of Myself and those who may be willing to invest more than normal / know me or my ethics personally to some degree would be the only people that would be willing to even consider giving a bit more.

Being that their truck and situation likely does not have full detailed video records of an inframe and/or videos on how it was cared for, or other well established proof-of-concept factors ... It is anyone's guess as to how much more it may be worth above expected value for its age. No person in their right can be expected to take that higher-than-normal gamble. .. Even so, I would no do such a thing to even them ... instead, I would simply be choosy if I had a bunch of higher than normal offers for its purchase... But to make it that other way around up front ... and to ask a lot more for it to everyone that comes along who do not know me ... is not a reasonable thing. This is because after it is all said and done.. it would be sold "AS IS - NO WARRANTY"!!! and no one can be expected to pay more for that.

Rawze: "Value is in the eyes of the beholder and those willing to give for it --- NOT THE SELLER!"

That is the reality of what they are trying to do, and it simply does not work.

They made their money with it, just like I have made my money with mine at this point... .. They took care of it and reaped those rewards ... That is supposed to be how it is done ... But now it sounds like it is time for them to move on, auction it, sell it at list, trade it in on something else etc.. and appreciate that it was good in return while it lasted... be satisfied with that fact alone. .. whatever the case may be. That is what it sounds like to me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Chamberpains , Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s the saying? No good deed goes unpunished! - Rawze - 06-27-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.