Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
09-06-2020, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
(09-04-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  Looking good. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

As long as it isn't a freight train!

Yeah, spending a few extra days degreasing, removing rust buildup, cleaning and repainting all the external parts as I put em back on. My engine bay is tight and set back into the cad so it's hard to paint about half the engine once assembled, plus this way I can get a coat of paint on the back sides of components to help prevent rust buildup in the first place.

And for those who say painting is unnecessary and a waste of time, I'd argue that beyond the nice clean look you have the added bonus of being able to spot new leaks really quickly as they will stand out against the new paint. Like Waterloo mentioned, I plan to personally clean the engine bay from here on out (no power washing monkeys will touch this baby).

As for progress, lots of cleaning/painting. Got the new damper installed and fixed up some of the wiring harnesses that were starting to fall apart (mostly the wire loom disintegrating). Also started the day yesterday with a slight hangover, so I wasn't moving too fast...

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress , Pd6cas2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - JimT - 09-06-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.