crank case pressure
07-24-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
RE: crank case pressure
(07-23-2016 )Vin Wrote:  
(07-23-2016 )tariqzai Wrote:  I had turbo actuator code come up few weeks a go, local Cummins dealer changed both. Turbo and actuator. Just 200 miles after new turbo installed, I got crankcase pressure code, while changing cc filter I saw milky liquid In filter case, it did not smell coolent, well again after 5000 miles got cc code, this time again lot of milky liquid. I have put new filter again, truck loosing coolent, small amount, as well. Plus help if any clue.

How many mile interval do you change the oil? How many miles on the truck? Has the head ever been off or replaced?

The turbo seal could be leaking boost pressure into the oil drain pressurizing the crank case.

Have you taken the truck back to Cummins dealer that installed turbo for warranty and what did they say?

Oil changed every 15k, truck has 625k miles, head never been off, did not take back to Cummins, spent 6k on turbo and m afraid they would come up with another high $$$ bill since I don't know if this issue is related to turbo or not, I checked oil on dip stick, it's clean, nothing in air tank, cc filter was wet and heavy and milky liquid and water dripping out when I changed it, oil and water mix muddy stuff around the case and I wiped it out. This truck had been losing coolent before turbo went bad and it's still leaking a small amount, I noticed that when I took the reservire cap off, the coolent level went up a little. Just dont know where to start looking, EGR, oil cooler, air compressor or just take it back to Cummins and pay whatever they ask. Truck is running fine after I changed the filter, no crank case code anymore, I am just afraid it does not look right for the watery and milky mix accumulating in ccc filter that quick.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
crank case pressure - scowman - 02-26-2016,
RE: crank case pressure - Cuya - 02-26-2016,
RE: crank case pressure - ynot - 03-05-2016,
RE: crank case pressure - ynot - 03-05-2016,
RE: crank case pressure - Vin - 07-23-2016,
RE: crank case pressure - tariqzai - 07-24-2016
RE: crank case pressure - Vin - 07-24-2016,
RE: crank case pressure - Cuya - 01-23-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.