cm2250 -cm871
10-06-2020, (Subject: cm2250 -cm871 ) 
RE: cm2250 -cm871
(10-06-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(09-29-2020 )BigfootDiesel Wrote:  
it's a very simple job to unbolt and remove the head from the pump to inspect it every year or maybe 100,000 miles. Work it in with other period maintenance, like an overhead adjustment, battery cable cleaning, EGR tuneup (if functional), etc...

I don't know about this.... every time you open that pump you're introducing contamination no matter how careful you are, you're also potentially shortening the pumps life or other components in the fuel system. The fuel filter on the block is a 4 micron, that means anything bigger than that is to big to be in there!! Obviously it must be rebuilt at 400k to prevent catastrophe but I think opening it up regularly is a mistake, just my opinion.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
10-06-2020, (Subject: cm2250 -cm871 ) 
RE: cm2250 -cm871
That's a good point, gotta keep the area clean. Wash the pump head and surrounding area then wipe it all down with a deisel fuel dampened rag or towel. Make sure to cover/plug any openings. But I think opening it for inspection 3 times between rebuilds is a reasonable number. Much less risky then waiting to get a code 559, or worse.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.