Replace the transfer fuel pump.
07-24-2016, (Subject: Replace the transfer fuel pump. ) 
RE: Replace the transfer fuel pump.
Yes very well put, thank you Hammerhead
replyreply
(07-24-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  Very well said Hammerhead !!!
(07-24-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  Yes very well put, thank you Hammerhead

Thanks for the words gentleman. I just think it's very irresponsible to jump to the conclusion of "junk", and I'm not singling anybody out, BUT, how can you possibly say that with the only knowledge of "it's on eBay, so it must be".
I'm quite sure none of us think our trucks are junk. For all we know the guy that owned that engine may be just as informed, and has taken care of as much or even more as Rawze himself. There are an awful lot of smart people that don't post their stuff on the Internet, and statements like that will prevent them from ever caring to.
I know I don't think my equipment is junk, and if I had a wreck and was massively shorted for the salvage, I would certainly part out my truck myself. No idea where I would go...oh wait, one of the largest market places in the world, eBay maybe?
Flip side, maybe he made out like a bandit on the salvage and just walked away...but left an awesome piece of used equipment just waiting for sbtrucking to pick-up and be successful with.
It may very well be scrap metal, point is, I don't know and neither do any of us.

Blind blanket statements do nothing to grow our knowledge base, and if your willing to just blindly post them, you should post less and read more, then when you have more understanding and/or experience, you can share something constructive instead.
Ok I'm off my soapbox...I joined this site to learn and I'm sure others have as well.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
My cm2250 was built in late 2011. Would it have the ceramic plungers? Would I have to remove the pump to disassemble it to check to see what plungers it has? Also, is it very difficult to update or require special tools.
replyreply
(07-24-2016 )overshot Wrote:  My cm2250 was built in late 2011. Would it have the ceramic plungers? Would I have to remove the pump to disassemble it to check to see what plungers it has? Also, is it very difficult to update or require special tools.

Nevermind, I looked it up on QS. Looks pretty simple
replyreply
07-25-2016, (Subject: Replace the transfer fuel pump. ) 
(07-24-2016 )overshot Wrote:  
(07-24-2016 )overshot Wrote:  My cm2250 was built in late 2011. Would it have the ceramic plungers? Would I have to remove the pump to disassemble it to check to see what plungers it has? Also, is it very difficult to update or require special tools.

Nevermind, I looked it up on QS. Looks pretty simple
Please share an overview, your findings, & your results...never know what the future may hold for any of us after all

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
2011 cm2250 have the 3 cylinder pump. You need to replace it to the 2 cylinder pump.
replyreply
(07-23-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  http://m.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-ISX15-Engi...nav=SEARCH

Is this a good buy?

The following is is just my own opinion from what I can see from the limited pictures provided...

A lot of work needs to be done to it and a delete or new EGR valve (you can see it is bad in the pic). Also, there is no way that engine only has 146k miles on it. Looks more like 400-500k.

Definitely not worth 12k as it is, maybe 6k if it is in good shape, and a willingness to go through the engine and replace a lot of now rusty components at the very least, or perhaps more.

* If something smells "fishy", then someone is typically hiding something for a reason. The only way you are going to find out if it has some merit, is to have someone who re-builds cummins engines take a hard look at it in person.

--------

Am i the only one who has noticed as well, that there is a LARGE RAG OVER THE TOP OF THE FUEL PUMP LIKE THEIR TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING!?!?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock
Does pre 2011 mortors, do they all have the 3cyl pumps? Motors 2012 or newer have 2cyl pumps?

If not their must be a distinctive difference in appearance between the two??

We just had one go out and the other mechanic in a different location coverted it over to the 2cyl pump.

Since it was changed out after 2-3 weeks ago the truck still stumbles whenever it wants to, cuts off for a sec then the driver has throttle again.

Light comes on fuel rail pressure codes. Could we have bigger issues with this truck???

I know for a fact all he did was convert it over to the 2cyl style.
He didnt do anything else or what some of you are stating needs to be done
replyreply
08-03-2016, (Subject: Replace the transfer fuel pump. ) 
./uploads/201608/post_1749_1470267307_dcbf0a0f38683b312c6b3a945b695aa7.jpeg
What is the upgraded fuel pump with steel plungers part # ?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.