Replace the transfer fuel pump.
07-22-2016, (Subject: Replace the transfer fuel pump. ) 
RE: Replace the transfer fuel pump.
ok lets have a little discussion here.

there is a tsb from cummins, and the engines can "somewhat" be saved if it wasnt too bad. usually by the time the truck qont start its already too late and i personally wouldnt perform this on my own truck

the pump drains through the front cover - so most likely you will need new front geartrain. you will also need to replace that pump, not just update as most likely the pump cam is toast. oil coolers are gone, and the oil pump and bypass vaslve are gone aswell.

cummins said to pull mains and rods and check, change the pump and any bad injectors. They change the oil twice and filters twice in fast succession and let it go. i suggest against this.

in reality all the bearings will need to be changed, the head sent out and cleaned, and every office and journal of the block cleaned(dont forget piston cooling nozzles!!). the crank will most likely need a polish and the cam is probably no good aswell. the rockers will be full and the jake solenoids no good awswell. the fuel system may be plugged, and with it most of the injectors gone with it. the list goes on and on...... this is when you start to look at remans....
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replace the transfer fuel pump. - Unilevers - 07-22-2016
RE: Replace the transfer fuel pump. - Unilevers - 08-07-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.