Replace the transfer fuel pump.
07-23-2016, (Subject: Replace the transfer fuel pump. ) 
RE: Replace the transfer fuel pump.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-ISX15-Engi...nav=SEARCH

Is this a good buy?
replyreply
And than there is new one surplus
https://www.ebay.com/itm/331864520662
replyreply
(07-23-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  http://m.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-ISX15-Engi...nav=SEARCH

Is this a good buy?

Junk
replyreply
And the bill for the diagnostic./uploads/201607/post_1749_1469296771_450c31d95f59d1c9fe4dff0207936b8f.jpeg
replyreply
Y is that used motor junk?
replyreply
07-24-2016, (Subject: Replace the transfer fuel pump. ) 
It's probably junk because it's in that series of engine with the ceramic plungers and you only have their word it ran. It could be DOA from the same issue you just had. Bad plungers. Just my thoughts.
replyreply
I wouldnt buy engine or parts off ebay. You would waste your money. Who knows maybe they take old worn engine and paint it red? If you buy from cummins at least you will get warranty.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
(07-23-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  http://m.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-ISX15-Engi...nav=SEARCH

Is this a good buy?
Rather than just jumping to conclusions, I'll ask some key questions;

1)will they provide detailed pictures of key components. ie: open the rocker cover and take very good pics of the cam & rocker assy, pull the pan and maybe a rod and main or two and provide those pics?

2)how mechanically inclined are you? If you're leary about running an overhead set by yourself, then I agree you may be better off going the reman/warranty route. If you're the kind of guy that takes this as an opportunity to grow and learn from and some downtime won't break you, maybe. If you're like Rawze and can do your own inframe, and your motor is toast, then if the answer to 1) is yes & it looks good, and 2) Is the third guy, then yes. Best case, this motor is good and runs, worst case you can make 1 good one out of two.

Successful used motor swaps are done by three types of people/operations:
1)low budget, close to home in case of breakdown ops
2)ops that have the funds to repair when necessary and save equipment costs by buying used
3)guys that are mechanically inclined enough to do their own inframes, so an issue is a setback, not financial ruin
Guys that take everything to a shop should not do used motor swaps UNLESS their shop o choice has and knows the motor, and you TRUST THEM TO HELP YOU IF IT FAILS.

Now the fun part, if you buy this used motor, there won't be a core. That means you keep your toaster...tear it down, properly like your doing an inframe. Now part of the money you spent was an investment in your education! If your guy number two in question 2), this maybe might now be a yes, cause you might now be becoming guy number three...
Take it apart and put it back together a couple times just to learn how, congrats! Now you are guy number three!

Answer these questions honestly. You don't wanna pretend to be guy 2 or 3 and really be the first.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Very well said Hammerhead !!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.