Best Oil and Coolant for CAT engines?
11-30-2020, (Subject: Best Oil and Coolant for CAT engines? ) 
Best Oil and Coolant for CAT engines?
I will be changing a radiator hose and also doing an oil change. What is the best oil and coolant to run in these CAT C12
What coolant would work bed, do they have a all makes coolant? No matter what color is in the truck now
Would you add any oil additives like Lucas or oil gear lube or..........?

Looking for some information to help guide me.
replyreply
12-01-2020, (Subject: Best Oil and Coolant for CAT engines? ) 
RE: Best Oil and Coolant for CAT engines?
https://www.petersoncat.com/sites/cat/fi...20Life.pdf

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
* ELC (extended life coolant) red coolant avail. at any truck stop or stealers$it.

* choose a top brand of oil and stick to it.. changing brands of oil often is not so good for any engine. Rotalla, Delo, Mobil-delvac.

* adding a gallon of gear lube helps too if you want to raise viscosity. Pukas is no proper solution and is nothing but over-market hype garbage. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=109

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I’ve been told the Dalvac motor oil is good for the CAT but what is your take on running Shell RoT... The former owner had some guy coming servicing the truck and does not recall what oil he used. Would changing the brand of oil have an negative effect on the engine it has 700,000+ on it , it has had rods and mine done a while back. The truck is very strong no leaks and runs smooth would like to get a million out of it. Talked to a guy tonight and he had a Freightliner with the C12 and got a million + out of it.

Diffidently considering the Gear lube! Amazing information and very well written Rawze! Read the first two pages twice just taking in the information. I will be sending a link don’t know if y’all have heard about the new valvoline premium blue something motor oil..... it’s crazy on what the guy is saying and what there charging $$ per gallon. I do believe they have increased the additives like what is in the gear lube, but watch the video and tell me what u think!

Should I go to my local CAT dealer and purchase the coolant from them?
replyreply
https://youtu.be/Vvqj_ZXXYBI
replyreply
Would y’all recommend amsoil bypass system?
replyreply
(12-01-2020 )GAguy912 Wrote:  Would y’all recommend amsoil bypass system?

YES, by all means!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
12-02-2020, (Subject: Best Oil and Coolant for CAT engines? ) 
Rawze or other guys with more experience than me

With my Cat C12 with 700,000 plus (don’t know what oil the former guy used)
Would Shell R.T. Oil be or better choice than Dalvac?

With the claim of rods and mains been replaced what gear oil should I use? (Asking because of rail pressures problems from what I’ve read)

Also I see that they were using Lukas oil because they had a thing of it in the tool box
replyreply
12-03-2020, (Subject: Best Oil and Coolant for CAT engines? ) 
I personally like Delo synblend 15-40 (13$/g) and 10% 120-140ish wt gear oil, i think rawze uses walmart brand, i used to use Mystik (citgo) but have been buying my distributors xtreme brand synthetic for a cpl gear box replacements and just used the leftover in the engine. As far as the bypass, IMO you cant have too much filtration.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.