ECM Program Review
06-20-2021, (Subject: ECM Program Review ) 
RE: ECM Program Review
(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  * They also jacked with the turbo to force it to over-spool like mad and over-boost like crazy.

This explains why the engine would derate and blow a bunch of smoke when I would push it uphill. I've kept the turbo at 30 PSI max and it has not done that since.

(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  * The injection timing is also more than +14 BTDC too!!!!... These enigne cannot handle more than about 4 or 5 at 600HP... and only about 3 at 700+ HP... this thing is severely destructive! -- You sure this thing is not a copy of one of those big-name big-time delete companies like the one in colarado or utah!>>??? ... Because this thing looks exactly like their kind of rotten, complete engine killing butcher jobs!

I wasn't informed when it was done, but this was done locally in Southern California. I will reach out to previous owner and find out when it was done. It could be that this shop copied an ECM from a truck done at one of those shops in Colorado or Utah.

(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  I hope you did not pay any money for this experimental garbage that is not worth putting in a lawn-mower nonetheless a $40,000 commercial engine!.

It was purchased with the bad programming.

(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  BTW: What is the engine ser#?.. that data is missing in the program along with all the other OEM data to make it talk properly to the ABS and other cab systems. <- maybe they copied this garbage from another truck and slapped it into yours and stripped that data away?

I will email you the serial shortly. As for the ABS, I noticed a cut wire underneath the dash with an ABS label on it. Could that be the reason its not communicating or does it seem to be wiped from the ECM completely?

(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  - you need to get that program out of that ECM and engine A.S.A.P.! - IT IS COMPLETE GARBAGE!!!. Engien may seem to run and likely seem to "pull ok" but it is set to completely rip that engines guts/liners out!. I see that you've been getting 7+ mpg (meaning you have not been running it really hard) according to its data .. but that is also being fooled by the bad injector quantities and fooling it into showing more fuel mileage than its really getting. It not being run hard is the only thing that has made it last this long so far.. however, if its been driven on this garbage for a while... I seen liner fretting issues and other head problems (or a cracked piston) in your near future!... If it does not send a piston thru the block without any warning that is.

What would be the best course of action to revert this program to the original? Would a dealership be able to flash it back to stock given the serial? Would that include the OEM data you mentioned earlier in this post?

Thanks!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
ECM Program Review - RMezaJr - 06-19-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-19-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-20-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - RMezaJr - 06-20-2021
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-21-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-21-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - JimT - 06-21-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-22-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.