ECM Program Review
06-22-2021, (Subject: ECM Program Review ) 
RE: ECM Program Review
(06-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  * it still have the Vg turbo on it?. some of the codes were blocked in the bad-delete program making it unclear.

*egr cooler still on it?

It still has the vg turbo and the egr cooler.

(06-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  * if you are able to pull the program / have a laptop with an adapter, you could straighten it out yourself after having it flashed back to latest OEM for the truck according to its ser#. <- most stealers$its can put it back stock... but you have to remove and take the ecm to them to have it done.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid58675

Stealers$its gave me a ballpark of 350 to have it flashed back to OEM. I have an Inline 6 and laptop. Would I need Insite or CT? Also would OEM have a stock tune or would I have to get it tuned?

(06-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  If you purchased it like that, then I feel sorry for you. It likely is ready for an inframe if it has any run time on it much at all w that bad program ... and highly suspicious as being was sold as such.

I spoke to previous owner who said he used the truck for a year in this configuration before letting it sit for an additional year.

(06-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Next would be to find out what was done to the engine on the hardware side of things and to the exhaust system. It has to all come aparty and be inspected to see if it is 100% hollow to the metal (as free-flowing as possible), or if some complete idiot has only partially hollowed it, or done some other stupid things.

Previous owner said he was given a box to throw out when it was done. He said the box only contained what was cut out of the filter.

(06-21-2021 )JimT Wrote:  Man, I hate seeing these types of threads, over and over. On the flip side, without Rawze and this site there likely wouldn't be any awareness of this anywhere. very sad.

Hopefully its not too late for me. I haven't been running it very hard since I got it. I'm sure its pretty stupid to be running it at all but hopefully I can get this fixed with this weeks check.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
ECM Program Review - RMezaJr - 06-19-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-19-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-20-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-21-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-21-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - JimT - 06-21-2021,
RE: ECM Program Review - RMezaJr - 06-22-2021
RE: ECM Program Review - Rawze - 06-22-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.