Fuel Injector's
08-03-2021, (Subject: Fuel Injector's ) 
RE: Fuel Injector's
(08-02-2021 )superbudy208 Wrote:  Yeah I wish that was the case but, there was fine black particles on the fuel rail plug when I checked it.

its called ashphaltine and is quite normal. Use some Diesel-kleen in the tanks once a month to keep it at bay.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-03-2021, (Subject: Fuel Injector's ) 
Ok will do, and let you know what i find on the injector test to.
replyreply
08-04-2021, (Subject: Fuel Injector's ) 
Did the injector test and found bubbles on both the front and rear actuators, tried rolling it by hand on the rear and not able to get bubbles, try again in the morning and also found one injector in town and now its only 600 so thats not so bad, will be here by noon.
replyreply
$600 for an injector? Is this some aftermarket reman? If so, I'd leave it alone. I just paid $950 for a cummins reman injector yesterday.
replyreply
No it's straight from cummins, just got a nice parts guy on the phone, and found another one from kenworth and they want 825 for it.
replyreply
08-07-2021, (Subject: Fuel Injector's ) 
Superbudy208 your missing the point...

Perhaps I can clarify some cold hard facts for you...

1. ANY MONEY YOU SAVE NOW BUYING CHEAP AFTERMARKET ENGINE PARTS WILL BE A PIPE DREAM WHEN THEY FAIL AND COST YOU AGAIN LONG BEFORE IT SHOULD HAVE.

2. ANY MONEY YOU SAVE NOW BUYING CHEAP AFTERMARKET ENGINE PARTS WILL BE A PIPE DREAM WHEN THEY FAIL AND CAUSE OTHER FAILURES OF OTHER EXPENSIVE PARTS.

3. ANY MONEY YOU SAVE NOW BUYING CHEAP AFTERMARKET ENGINE PARTS WILL BE A PIPE DREAM WHEN THEY FAIL AND COST YOU A NEW $40K ENGINE.....

4. IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE MONEY TO BUY OEM ENGINE PARTS FOR THE LITERAL HEART OF THE D@MN TRUCK THAT MAKES YOU A LIVING, THEN YOU REALLY HAVE NO BUSINESS OWNING A TRUCK...

Several guys have told you the same thing basically now and you keep coming back with the same "Cheap" replies. You make money in business by using your money WISELY, NOT CHEAPLY... Wisely when referring to any part of that truck that propels it down the road making revenue, means Genuine OEM parts that usually come with a warranty not the "Cheapest" thing you can find....

You ever heard the saying you have to spend money to make money.... It's true to a point, that being spending money on substandard equipment, parts, ect. is throwing money away, not spending it...

User's Signature: 08 KW W900L 600hp ISX, 18sp, 3:36 rears.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: superbudy208
Ya, I still stand behind $600 is way to cheap. It has to be some kind if aftermarket sold by cummins or a pull out or something that is unknown to the customer. There's not that much room on injectors price right now. I don't care how nice the parts guy is.
replyreply
(08-07-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Ya, I still stand behind $600 is way to cheap. It has to be some kind if aftermarket sold by cummins or a pull out or something that is unknown to the customer. There's not that much room on injectors price right now. I don't care how nice the parts guy is.

- It even might be an old-stock injector that was on the silent recall list... I see them sold for that price range all over e-bay sometimes...

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...08#pid2508

Bad or recalled injectors can destroy an engine. It is nothing to play with. A person just has to be real careful when someone sells you a (supposedly) OEM part on the cheap. There is usually a reason for it. does not mean someone cannot get a decent deal on them sometimes... but you just have to be real careful.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: superbudy208
I'm not affraid to to spend the money on the part's, I understand that, but also bought a truck with 250K on a inframe from the dealer with paper work and cummins parts, and 5 new injectors, and its been a money pit! I have been using all OEM parts on the truck and have a account at peterbilt.

I know the injectors seems way to cheap, but theres a huge margine on parts mark up, I have the invoice and the injector in my hand and I knew how to up load a copy of the invoice and a picture of the injector I would. The parts guy that dropped it off picked it up straight from cummins. The price on the injector 557.80 with a 431.25 core charge, part # 4954434RX. I have 5 more on the way and not sure if I'll get them for that price or not till next friday when peterbilt gets them in.

Did the injector test and found 5 of them leaking also found a pop back through the intake while cranking, so I,ve probaly got bigger problems to deal w
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.