changing wire harness on chasis volvo vnl
08-17-2016, (Subject: changing wire harness on chasis volvo vnl ) 
RE: changing wire harness on chasis volvo vnl
on thr volvo the wiring harness has a plug halfway down the cab on the inside of the drivers framerail. If the wires broke after that harness then it's easy enough to unclipped and just get the back section. I'd just go to a wrecker yard but I know you csn still order them from volvo for the 06.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
the harness splits at the end of the cab or rather after the cab , i am missing some section here and looking to the front i see large harness goes on driver side .is there another plug/connection before it hits front of cab?
second question if fix fuel lines and air lanes parking/service lines without abs lines and will not do any work on electric will it be drivable with no abs and tail lights ,and no trailer lights/ just left with the tractor another party took the trailer already
replyreply
went under the cab again unfortunately end of harness that goes from the engine is messed up but the chassis part is cut but two plugs are good
good thing is that recognize most part of the missing sections still have some wires but they look different than the harness will try to figure it out tomorrow
thank you all
replyreply
yes it will be drivable. that year volvo doesn't derate or anything due to abs.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
08-18-2016, (Subject: changing wire harness on chasis volvo vnl ) 
regarding wiring do i need to have it working:
-for dryer
-for leveling valve
replyreply
08-18-2016, (Subject: changing wire harness on chasis volvo vnl ) 
(08-18-2016 )ktbtrucking Wrote:  regarding wiring do i need to have it working:
-for dryer
-for leveling valve

Dryer wire plug is for heating element to prevent eventual freezing in winter. So now and only temporary doesn't need power to it . But only temporary!!! Till you get it fixed properly!

Leveling valve doesn't have power to it . Is the suspension dump valve that have . It dumps air if "told" so with switch on dash by giving power to it . It's nice to have it working for coupling/uncoupling or go under low bridge. Shouldn't say the last one .
replyreply
08-25-2016, (Subject: changing wire harness on chasis volvo vnl ) 
hello,

have the truck running and made it home . does anyone have some wiring diagrams for 2005 isx ?
work done at towing company at Bidwell OH is awful. hard to belive these guys told me they not going to rip me off , did a lot of progress on info gathering and i am closer to have my truck done, learnt my lesson hard way
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.