Water and oil
08-09-2021, (Subject: Water and oil ) 
Water and oil
Well I think it finally happened I think I sank the liner since I bought the truck I've been chasing a water loss of about a gallon every 2 months. Last couple weeks it turned into about a half gallon a day. Finally bought a leak test kit off scamazon I had it on the truck all weekend starting Friday found one leak on a hose going to the heater core that was going on the back side of the exhaust thought maybe that was it oil still look fine on Saturday but then when I got ready to pull the kid off on Sunday I was still losing pressure and suddenly my oil was way over full and green and for the first time ever I had water infiltration on my oil fill cap.

Going to take her to the shop just in case I'm lucky enough that it's an oil cooler but I've never had oil in the water only water in the oil and the truck runs a consistent 40 to 45 PSI oil pressure I would think that would overpower the coolant to get in the coolant too it was the oil cooler.

So going to set up for a main and rod Bearing and pressurize it and check it and if water comes out where it shouldn't then she's going down for major surgery.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
RE: Water and oil
You using green coolant?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
No orange or pink whatever color you want to call it rotella ELC I guess the oil isn't necessarily green but it's that milky color of twin oils just starts mixing with water

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
Are you going to rebuilt it yourself?... or taking it to Mr. Hags?

I might be up for helping someone rebuild their own engine, as I have not had someone over this year for that yet ... no promises though.

This is assuming you have the money to buy your own parts, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I I'll be rebuilding it at my local shop I'll be able to help so I'll be able to make sure the liners are set at the right protrusion and the head sits overnight gets retorqued the next morning and that the head is new granted this head only has 200k on it but I don't know if it's been danced on or not

replyreply
(08-09-2021 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  I I'll be rebuilding it at my local shop I'll be able to help so I'll be able to make sure the liners are set at the right protrusion and the head sits overnight gets retorqued the next morning and that the head is new granted this head only has 200k on it but I don't know if it's been danced on or not

why would it have gotten a new head 200k miles ago and not been overhauled properly the first time?... that does not add up. .. sounds like someone completely wasted their moneys on that one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-10-2021, (Subject: Water and oil ) 
It got a new head because of injectors cups leaking coolant into fuel.

replyreply
You'll need another new head now, what a shame.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
How many miles/hours? This is on the t680 you bought last year?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.