Cm2350 Turbo Help please
08-12-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 Turbo Help please ) 
RE: Cm2350 Turbo Help please
(08-12-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  It would not be $7500 if you did the work yourself.. your doing nothing but wasting a whole lot of money every time you take that truck to a stealers#it!.

NEXT: Although 700k miles is considered a lot of mileage for a VG turbo, unless your having boost problems, the turbo should not be replaced.

-- THAT TURBO does not have a rubber o-ring as a face seal.. the oil seal is like a piston ring with a gap in it.. any crank case fumes buildup inside the engine.. it causes the turbo to slobber. Any vacuum at the intake, it causes it to slobber too.

NEXT: IT IS NORMAL for the turbo to bleed a bit of oil (its called turbo slobber) if you have been idling a lot... especially if you have any blo-by form the engine, given it has 700k+ on it ... and your crank case filter cannot keep up with it. OR IF YOU DO NOT CHANGE THE CRANK CASE FILTER OFTEN ENOUGH.

Do you have the maitenence-free crank case filter installed?
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

With 700k+ on the truck, I would suspect the blo-by is higher on the truck, causing some pressure buildup and making the turbo bleed a bit of oil. - ANY crank case pressure from blo-by will also chew up overhead cams too. It is nothing to play with. I see people all the time neglect their crank case filter, then wonder why they got chewed up cams and turbo's that slobber oil all the time.

Thank you Rawze for taking the time to reply, and that was their price for just parts, I don’t have them do any work unless I’m not confident enough to do it myself, I had them drop those brass rings in the injector cups and do 2 overhead adjustments the last adjustment last week simply because the tech is a good guy and he did a good job on it before those brass rings have been great, but yes there is a maintenance free crank case filter and the blowby I believe is fairly normal my engine was overhauled 340k ago they put in the anti-polishing piston and new liners and set the main rod which is basically all the invoice says was done it was a warranty fix, I got the truck in October 2020 I’ve put 65k on it and I’ve been meticulous about maintenance basically watching all of your videos and reading and learning all that I can and I service my truck between 10k to 12k nothing to far over that and I’ve never noticed any oil consumption if there is it’s not noticeable to me, also back in January I changed the oil and over filled with oil ( I was on a hill and I read 14 gallons of oil to fill ) and I drove it like that for a day 500 miles before getting a flat ground reading it and draining like 3 gallons of oil.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2350 Turbo Help please - GhostHauling - 08-12-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.