DPF and cooler
08-29-2016, (Subject: DPF and cooler ) 
RE: DPF and cooler
(08-28-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  looking for a set of turbo gauges that will fit in my prostar factory dash holes if any one knows where to get them please let me know. thank you rawze.com.

Those pyro gauges, I have found the best prices on eBay and Amazon, I use the VDO brand with no issues, AutoMeters are said to be suspect, and Rawze's pick has good reviews. You will want the 2 1/8" or 2" sized gauge, they will fit those holes in your dash. If not, I use the metal Autometer gauge pods for my pyrometer and my Right Weigh Scale gauge, which I have mounted on my dash due to not having any empty holes in the dash... They look cool, and add 500 hp to the truck. ;-)

Here is the link to the metal gauge pod... http://www.autometer.com/2-mounting-cup-black.html

On the Pyro gauge, do not cut or bend the metal wire that goes from the sensor to the gauge. I damaged one once, and the readings were screwed up. So take care installing and route properly, do not kink. On my ProStar I drilled a hole through the firewall just below where your FM antenna cable exits the firewall. Remove that kick panel on the passenger side interior and move the wiring out of the way and you will see a large open area to route wires through the firewall. I used a step drill that I bought on Amazon for $10, still have and use it, inexpensive and solid and have used it more than a few times. On the hole I drilled, I went to Lowes and found a rubber grommet to install in the hole to keep the wiring I have routed through the firewall from chaffing on the metal. I bought the grommet and drilled the hole to fit, get a large enough one to run multiple wiring, you will be surprised what accessories you can run through that area.

Step Drill https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FZ...UTF8&psc=1
replyreply
Hmm, how much HP and Tourque did this add?

./uploads/201608/post_2077_1472483164_3d4b5854cf8ad60f0dfe84cd0794fed9.jpeg

GlowShift gauges and the two gauge universal pod shaved to shape to fit my steering column...if someone ever buys this truck and wants to remove them, it's an $80 panel and voila no holes!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
My pods look sexier... ;-)
replyreply
Cool, I'll order them tonight. Thanks

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
08-30-2016, (Subject: DPF and cooler ) 
(08-29-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Hmm, how much HP and Tourque did this add?

GlowShift gauges and the two gauge universal pod shaved to shape to fit my steering column...if someone ever buys this truck and wants to remove them, it's an $80 panel and voila no holes!

Where did you buy the universal pod from? Got part number?
replyreply
(08-30-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Where did you buy the universal pod from? Got part number?

Take your pic...2, 3, or 4...

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Universal...-pods.aspx

I wish they made A-pillar ones for big trucks, I think there's room for a three wide so I'm gonna order one to see.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(08-30-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-30-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Where did you buy the universal pod from? Got part number?

I wish they made A-pillar ones for big trucks, I think there's room for a three wide so I'm gonna order one to see.

You don't think the single swivel pod would look good on the a pillar? I have no room to put anywhere.
replyreply
(08-30-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  
(08-30-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

You don't think the single swivel pod would look good on the a pillar? I have no room to put anywhere.

Get a pod, I linked to it above, I have used them for years, they work great mounted on the dash because you can aim them directly to eye level/sight. Yes, you have to drill a hole in the dash, but honestly, are you that cheap that when you sell the truck you are going to pull the gauge? I love mine, and quite honestly, they look damn cool.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.