Turn key, no start
03-05-2022, (Subject: Turn key, no start ) 
Turn key, no start
Every so often when I turned the key to start my truck, it wouldn’t do anything the first time, sometimes twice. Then one day it wouldn’t start after several tries. I banged on the starter, and it started right up. So I replaced the starter, and the “P” lead broke off when I took it apart. Aha! That was it.
Well, it wasn’t. Still did it off and on. I replaced the switch. Soon enough, it was doing it again.
I found that the solenoid was throwing out, but starter wouldn’t turn.
I have searched in vain for the starter relay, and I don’t think this truck has one. I pulled them all and it still started. I think it’s controlled by the cecu cab controller. So I cleaned up the grounds, and we’ll see how it goes.
Any ideas? It’s a 2010 Peterbilt 386.
replyreply
RE: Turn key, no start
(03-05-2022 )Mrkentee Wrote:  the “P” lead broke off when I took it apart. Aha! That was it.
Well, it wasn’t. Still did it off and on.

Don't you hate when that happens.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
2010 peterbilt should be on the firewall passenger side...it is on my 2009....there is 2 large 70amp relays there. One is ignition other is starter.
replyreply
(03-05-2022 )Nilao Wrote:  2010 peterbilt should be on the firewall passenger side...it is on my 2009....there is 2 large 70amp relays there. One is ignition other is starter.

I’ll look again.
replyreply
I should clarify...the firewall out in the engine bay...
replyreply
03-06-2022, (Subject: Turn key, no start ) 

(03-05-2022 )Nilao Wrote:  I should clarify...the firewall out in the engine bay...

Nothing there. All I have is these two big fuses. I’m going to check under the dash on passenger side where the wires go in.
replyreply
   [attachment=8323I found these connectors under the dash. Can anyone interpret these numbers?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
They probably correspond with the wiring schematic. Not very useful without it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(03-06-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  They probably correspond with the wiring schematic. Not very useful without it.

I unplugged and no starter at all. There’s supposed to be a relay for that system you can bypass, but I can’t find it, or the starter relay. It’s like there’s another fuse panel somewhere that I just can’t find.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.