Regeneration problems
08-29-2016, (Subject: Regeneration problems ) 
RE: Regeneration problems
(08-29-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  The EGr tune-up is a good start, but with 700k miles on it, you could be looking more along the lines of EGR valve, washed-out DOC filter (no more platinum), or ash/soot packed DPF can, worn out turbocharger, and a lot of other things that are just enough of wear to keep the system complaining non-stop.

Sometimes when the emissions system faults out, you have to perform a "Maintenence Reset" to get it to regen again.

It also sounds like it had some fault that caused the regen to shut down. You should have taken a picture with your phone and posted the errors that it reported.
It could be the egr valve I took that one off also and inspected and clean it and at some point that egr valve it's been replaced its not the red original color of the engine the turbo that one it is the original never been replaced but I check the turbine in front and back and moves freely and the little leg where actuator goes moves freely and it with no hessitation and actuator I calibrated that one too and it didn't show any play on the gear,at at idle it was at 70-72% but I will take a picture today of the codes to post em here I'm looking to replaced the turbo anyways because of those miles any day could fail, I will do the maintenance reset today and see what it does thanks for your help i will keep you posted on those codes
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regeneration problems - RTRUCKING48 - 08-29-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.