Front shock rubs against tie rod
03-26-2023, (Subject: Front shock rubs against tie rod ) 
RE: Front shock rubs against tie rod
(03-25-2023 )Pete379 Wrote:  To expand on what Rawze was saying. On our Kenworth’s, with 20k steer axles and 3 spring packs like in those pictures, we have a pretty substantial spacer block that sits on the axle then castor shims and spring on top of that. Without the spacer block installed and springs sitting right on top of axle like that there would no doubt be contact between the lower shock mount/shock and the tie rod bar.

I went to stealersh#t and asked for the diagram. It shows that nothing is missing. Also, checked all spacers and height of them etc, everything is not missing. And youtube videos of other guys with W900, looks the same, pretty close shocks and tie rod assembly. Stupid kenworth’s decision to put everything that close to each other.

What I found out, that probably I can turn a bit drag link so it reduces height of the tie rod. Attached picture! Also bought new tie rod assembly as I don’t want to play around with this extremely safety problem. Will try to install on Tuesday.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.