become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!.
05-15-2022, (Subject: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!. ) 
RE: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!.
(05-15-2022 )amermextrucker Wrote:  
(05-15-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  make sure fuel is not bleeding out of the doser injector behind the turbo.. and that it is not seeping out somewhere under the truck on a return line.

If truck is demandated would this still be possible? I wonder if this is the diesel odor I'm getting?

Most certainly YES... and it can be a fairly common problem even if the engine is de-mandated and the doser injector behind the turbo is no longer in use. It can get leaky and seep fuel into the exhaust piping all the time. It lowers fuel mileage and can cause other problems if it starts going bad. The only way to prevent it 100% from ever causing an issue is to remove and cap off the fuel line that feeds it.

It is fairly easy to check.. just remove the doser injector pipe off from behind the back of the turbo so that you can see the injector tip. Then crank up the engine and see if the injector tip is seeping, getting damp/wet.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee

Messages In This Thread
RE: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!. - Rawze - 05-15-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.