become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!.
05-15-2022, (Subject: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!. ) 
RE: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!.
(05-15-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-15-2022 )Nilao Wrote:  My 09 387 just can't seem to get out of the high 6's. I keep the boost under 20 but it doesn't seem to matter. Empty I can be in the 8's but I'm usually loaded heavy with racing fuel. Could be the tires....XDN2 are very high rolling resistance....could be an injector issue as I do notice a shudder around 1350 rpm plus I've had a it run after the key was off twice in 18 months. Thought I had solved it replacing the actuators and shut off solenoid that had 1.4 million miles on them but it did it again a couple days ago.

make sure fuel is not bleeding out of the doser injector behind the turbo.. and that it is not seeping out somewhere under the truck on a return line.

If truck is demandated would this still be possible? I wonder if this is the diesel odor I'm getting?
replyreply
(05-15-2022 )amermextrucker Wrote:  
(05-15-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  make sure fuel is not bleeding out of the doser injector behind the turbo.. and that it is not seeping out somewhere under the truck on a return line.

If truck is demandated would this still be possible? I wonder if this is the diesel odor I'm getting?

Most certainly YES... and it can be a fairly common problem even if the engine is de-mandated and the doser injector behind the turbo is no longer in use. It can get leaky and seep fuel into the exhaust piping all the time. It lowers fuel mileage and can cause other problems if it starts going bad. The only way to prevent it 100% from ever causing an issue is to remove and cap off the fuel line that feeds it.

It is fairly easy to check.. just remove the doser injector pipe off from behind the back of the turbo so that you can see the injector tip. Then crank up the engine and see if the injector tip is seeping, getting damp/wet.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
I saw this coming, that’s why I sold my large unit last summer. I have slowed down a lot in the past few months. But to be honest, I don’t know if it matters for us freight haulers, china is trying to starve us out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
05-22-2022, (Subject: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!. ) 
Prior to my inframe I was doing mid-7's to mid 8's. After the inframe and then almost immediately replacing all 8 drive tires I have been averaging 7 on the low end and maybe 7.8 on the high end, all miles roughly 50% empty, flatbed. Recently I've been seeing numbers in the low 8's again and the timing couldn't be better. Granted I do a fair amount of city driving, have a mid-roof sleeper often pulling 13'6" loads of ISO (roofing foam insulation), sometimes tail heavy too. But I'm constantly running the same lanes so there's a decent amount of consistency to my travels. Largely back and forth across I-84 between PA and MA. I haven't truly been trying to hyper mile either, running about 62 most of the time, some cruise control, neutral down hill when it's safe, but I'll often maintain 55-62 going up hills with these light weight loads. The ISO alone, compared to anything lower and heavier, knocks my fuel mileage down about 1 mpg. Fuel surcharge increases have helped, but weekly fuel costs have gone from $800-1200 all the way up to $1800-2200 recently. Still a profitable venture for me, but definitely feel the change.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.