Tune a stock mandated 2350
12-11-2022, (Subject: Tune a stock mandated 2350 ) 
RE: Tune a stock mandated 2350
It's the only way to truly get the best and most efficient life possible out of your engine. If you decide to go that route, have it done by someone recommended by Rawze, that way you know it's done right.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BrandonOlsen
12-12-2022, (Subject: Tune a stock mandated 2350 ) 
(12-11-2022 )BrandonOlsen Wrote:  Im looking at getting the most out of my engine and after treatment. I’d like to get the most power with the best fuel mileage and def consumption. I haul heavy loads 90-96k gross. Fuel mileage and DEF consumption are my top priorities along with engine longevity.

and then ...

(12-11-2022 )BrandonOlsen Wrote:  3.25 rearends

===============

90k + loads on a set of completely horrible rear ends. That is huge issue #1 right there.

You don't need a custom program nearly as much as that truck will not get out of its own way and cannot make proper power no matter how much you tweak on that engine.

IT IS GEARED COMPLETELY WRONG for any loads beyond a bunch of light-weight flowers!. Does it have tall rubber too?.. making it even worse?.

MY CAR does not even have rears that tall!. --- That is a horrible setup destined lug that engine to an agonizing 1/2 life death!.

Do the things that will make the most difference first ...

Buy, or get from a junk-yard ... a set of 3.90's or 4.11's for it!.. That is the very first thing that needs to be done for that truck if you really want it spec'd right long before anyone tries to tweak that programming.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I have 3:42's with an 18 speed, which makes it easy to keep the RPM in a safe range, or I would have swapped them out for say a 3:55 to 3:75. I try to stay local, Detroit area, a heavy load for me is say 15,000 pounds in a van. If I was doing what you are doing, I would be swapping out the rear end gears for something in the 3:90 range like Rawze stated. You are lucky you have not dropped a liner, you don't need tuning, you need gearing.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Good info all around! Greatly appreciate it. I thought about this already and had people telling me to just run these until they start going out. Little truth to just go with your gut. Y’all very knowledgeable and I’m learning A LOT from this page. Enjoy the no B.S and just the truth no what you want to hear. I do plan to go to a 18 speed as well in the future when my current trans starts to go (if it gives a warning)

Best place to search for 18 speed trans ?

I’m wondering if there’s much of a difference with the years for rearends ? Would something like this work for the front rear ? Currently have “2017 MD2014x 325’s” just curious as to what is interchangeable

This is a “USED 2005 RT-20145 FRONT MERITOR-ROCKWELL NEW WORLD DIFFERENTIAL WITH R:3,90 LOCKER, COMPLETE, INSPECTED READY TO WORK.”

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
12-13-2022, (Subject: Tune a stock mandated 2350 ) 
Meritor has remanufactured units out there from their line of distributors. They come with a warranty. They are getting hard to find, most everything today is an automatic. I looked a few years ago, wondering if mine ever failed in regards to replacement cost. They were not that bad if my memory serves me right, around $4000 + install, clutch and rear structure (bell housing) gasket. I figured roughly $6500 to $7000 all in.

I would replace the gears first, I believe Rawze said there was a good shop in the Atlanta area for gears. Where do you live? If you are close to Detroit, I would go see the guys at Arrow Trucks and Parts Co. here in Detroit. This is all these guys do, and they have fast turn arounds. They have been there for a hundred years, I was just up there and they took good care of me, in and out in less than an hour for an unannounced clutch adjustment. I have other friends that swear by them for driveline and suspension work. I would call them before anyone, I bet they would have you in and out in less than a day or two. Or at least get an estimate on the gear replacement, their pricing is very reasonable. I am sure you will need the serial numbers off of both axles. So have those ready before you call. I would ask them about the transmission too. They rebuild or can get remans.

http://arrowdetroit.com

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
12-13-2022, (Subject: Tune a stock mandated 2350 ) 
We did a conversion on a transmission and actually Wellers gave us core credit on the old 10 speed. Wasn't the whole core money but some of it.
replyreply
12-14-2022, (Subject: Tune a stock mandated 2350 ) 
(12-13-2022 )windowrattler Wrote:  We did a conversion on a transmission and actually Wellers gave us core credit on the old 10 speed. Wasn't the whole core money but some of it.

I have seen nothing but good quality on weller re-man rears and trannies so far with people. -= Decent option if you ask me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-12-2022 )BrandonOlsen Wrote:  I’m wondering if there’s much of a difference with the years for rearends ? Would something like this work for the front rear ? Currently have “2017 MD2014x 325’s” just curious as to what is interchangeable

This is a “USED 2005 RT-20145 FRONT MERITOR-ROCKWELL NEW WORLD DIFFERENTIAL WITH R:3,90 LOCKER, COMPLETE, INSPECTED READY TO WORK.”

That for sale link is for the older style Meritor axle. Yours is the newer model they have been using for the last 10 years or so. The newer ones do cost more to replace than the older ones and they are NOT interchangeable.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
Removing the mandate is becoming more and more problematic. The states that are actively testing emissions is growing. I know a few here at landstar that have been popped in Connecticut with surprise testing. And they are doing more than just visual.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.