Bought a couple of new Milwaukee Impacts...
12-30-2022, (Subject: Bought a couple of new Milwaukee Impacts... ) 
Bought a couple of new Milwaukee Impacts...
Seeing as I am working on this T-2000 fixing this bad delete, I thought I would get a few new tools to make the job faster and easier.

This little baby is the BOMB! Milwaukee 2554-20 M12 FUEL 3/8 in. Stubby Impact Wrench
https://amzn.to/3WEZvfW

I cannot get over how powerful this tiny gun is! I used it quite a few times today on stuff that was stressing my two foot flex head 1/2" ratchet. I took it to the point of bending the bar, and said nope, I'm not breaking this thing. So, for shits and giggles I grabbed that little gun, put a 3/8 to 1/2" adapter on it using a 17mm impact socket. Within seconds that bolt was loose! I used it on a couple of other stubborn bolts and nuts, and BANG! They were off! This thing is a keeper! Found a refurbed one on eBay, $125 delivered.

Then this one, another eBay find... Milwaukee 2560-20 M12 FUEL 3/8" Extended Ratchet
https://amzn.to/3VAAPnE

This ratchet was a life saver getting into places I could not, and it is damn strong, even breaking a few bolts loose. Another keeper! Very impressed to say the least, especially getting into the nooks and crannies.

And this one too, I don't quite know what to make of it yet... Milwaukee M12 FUEL 1/2" Right Angle Impact Wrench with Friction Ring
https://amzn.to/3jvignh

I tried it on a few nuts and bolts, nada. Then grabbed that little 3/8" impact, removed them with ease... But, I did get into one spot, there was no way that little gun was getting in there, and there was limited room for a ratchet, and this thing did it, removed the two bolts. I see limited use for this tool, but I will keep it, because I can see a use for it.

There is my new tool review, hope it helps someone.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
12-30-2022, (Subject: Bought a couple of new Milwaukee Impacts... ) 
RE: Bought a couple of new Milwaukee Impacts...
I didnt buy the 1/2" right angle impact, I have the 3/8 and when I looked at the specs between them that 1/2" was no more or less better than the 3/8. Honestly I think it's just the drive size that's the difference.

That 3/8 stubby tho.....that thing is a monster lol.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
12-31-2022, (Subject: Bought a couple of new Milwaukee Impacts... ) 
We love our milwaukee stuff around the shop also. If only the batteries weren't so dang expensive.
replyreply
Wait till you try the 3/4 and 1 inch impacts. I liked them so much i bought the long and short shanks
replyreply
We put the big boy long shank 1" milwaukee in our service truck. That thing is well worth the money on a cold day not having to fire up a cold compressor and drag 1/2" air hoses out on the highway or a busy well site.

The battery costs are definitely jaw dropping tho. Those 12.0 M18 batteries are EXPENSIVE. They do last a really long time tho.

Think my current favorite Milwaukee tool I recently acquired was the M18 deep cut band saw with the thick cut blades. Been doing a lot of fab work and just goes thru steel like butter compared to our chop saw. I cut up old S-cams for pins and they will almost kill the chop saw but that bandsaw eats them up in seconds.
replyreply
(12-31-2022 )windowrattler Wrote:  We love our milwaukee stuff around the shop also. If only the batteries weren't so dang expensive.

I get the Chinese knock offs, they work great for pennies on the dollar. ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
I have a set
1/2 impact 2 3/8 impacts (18 and12v) right angle 1/2 (comes in handy in them tight spots) like 3-4 drills lol
18v angle grinder, skill saw
Love them
replyreply
For some reason I haven't tried the China knock off battery route. Been afraid of it being something like spending the money on them, and either don't perform that great or just all around junk. Maybe I'll have to try one out. I never have enough batteries for my Milwaukee stuff.
replyreply
(12-31-2022 )NDISX15 Wrote:  For some reason I haven't tried the China knock off battery route. Been afraid of it being something like spending the money on them, and either don't perform that great or just all around junk. Maybe I'll have to try one out. I never have enough batteries for my Milwaukee stuff.

I was surprised too with these knock off batteries, I have around a dozen right now, they all work and power the tools just fine, most are quite a few years old. I just picked up four more for these new M12 tools, two of the smaller 3 amp and two of the larger 6 amp. I have yet to try the 6 amp ones, as the 3 amp batteries were having no issues removing these nuts and bolts. I paid around $50 for all four on Amazon, came in a package deal.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.