Learning Calterm etc
02-06-2023, (Subject: Learning Calterm etc ) 
RE: Learning Calterm etc
(02-06-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  Just a general statement .. no directed towards anyone...

There are video and how-to instructions on getting files in/out of the ecm that are floating around.

I have met people who cannot even follow them due to a basic lack of overall understanding on how computers work in general. I have met plenty of people that wanted to learn this stuffs.. and could not distinguish an e-mail on their web browser from an actual file stored on their HDD. They barely even know how connect and to use the Insite software, and forget about anything like copying and editing files, etc.

I would say that if someone cannot understand computers enough to re-format and wipe their own hardDrive on their laptop or PC... and then properly re-install their windows operating system from scratch + set it up they way they like it, then they have absolutely no business trying to flash someone's ecm at all. It takes a basic understanding of how their laptop or PC itself works before trying perform operations with a different kind of computer (an engine computer).

Just my thoughts.

I respect that. I just don’t do enough of any of it to ever claim any mastery. I’d say I’m a novice that’s quite rusty. Probably if I spent more time, it would be easier. I don’t really want to try to figure it out without at least a little bit of guidance. I’ll keep reading and stuff, but by no means would I attempt anything until I was sure I could do it.

Your videos were a huge help in learning INSITE. I hoped this might be as straightforward as that is. I don’t know.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.