Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming
02-05-2023, (Subject: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming ) 
RE: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming
(02-04-2023 )mxmom777 Wrote:  79382815 is the engine serial number.
The DPF is an aftermarket Skyline emissions 1280.

What do you mean the AV10051.xx program

He means the software in your ecm is antique lol. Also aftermarket dpfs are frowned upon unless it’s an absolute have to such as parts available. They tend to last about a year before the metals start disappearing in them. If you need some help reprogramming your ecm to a more up to date file shoot me a pm
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
Shows here on quickserve you need an av10046 in your ecm.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202302/post_6110_1675572585_3d4b93d0db5be5e0a295e0e42f9d0f39.png
replyreply
(02-04-2023 )mxmom777 Wrote:  79382815 is the engine serial number.
The DPF is an aftermarket Skyline emissions 1280.

What do you mean the AV10051.xx program

First of all. you need an OEM DPF unit. After-garbage DPF's have always been problematic.

next...

That engine is originally supposed to have program AV10046.xx in it.. HOWEVER.. after 2015, they updated ALL of the DOC and DPF units for those trucks, and the old units are not even sold any more.

The DPF you were supposed to have that came with it when the truck was new is part# 4969702. <- That unit stopped being sold and was no longer available after Nov,2015 due to issues with them. The replacement is part# 5297522.

The replacement DPF units all required a change in programming as well .. so this means, after 7+years later ... that your engine is supposed to have program AV10239 in it and your CPL changes to CPL3749.

so ... This is why I pointed this out. Your screen shot shows you using a program that was invalidated back in 2015 due to newer DPF units that were supposed to come out. -> .. and those old DPF units should not even be used, but only the newer ones for about 7+ years now. This means that you should NOT even be using that program if your DPF was replaced with an OEM one at some point during or after 2015.
ref: http://rawze.com/publicfiles/docs/ISX/TS...umbers.pdf

Since you have an after-garabge DPF... then all is out the window on that because those after-garbage DPF units are ...

A)> have LESS precious metals in them, and don't work very well at all

and

B)> Don't even conform to the newer standards nor have the same flow rates, etc.. so if your truck refuses to regen it properly then it is no suprise.

Either it needs to be de-mandated (if you live in a country that allows this .. ehemm) like almost all CM871's out there are these days already are (costs literally nothing to do properly) or ...

PUT AN OEM UNIT ON BACK ON IT.. ONE THAT IS UP TO DATE --= PART#5297522 ==- .. AND INSTALL THE CORRECT PROGRAM AV10239.xx. It may or may not fix your issues, but at least it will not be a garbled up, questionable, half-arssed mess like it is now.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you for your replies.

What is the program we need and what is the best adapter you recommend in order to run insight from the laptop. We had been using an acquaintances that’s changed sensor after sensor, conned us into purchasing this off brand DPF and had the doc cleaned. Just shy of $17G later and I’ve had it.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(02-05-2023 )mxmom777 Wrote:  Thank you for your replies.

What is the program we need and what is the best adapter you recommend in order to run insight from the laptop. We had been using an acquaintances that’s changed sensor after sensor, conned us into purchasing this off brand DPF and had the doc cleaned. Just shy of $17G later and I’ve had it.

A chineesium inline-5 or inline-6 adapter off e-bay or obd2.com for about $300 bucks works just fine for them. That is what most ppl have and use for them.

All the softwares needed to do anything u like to it are free if ya look on the right places on the WWW.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-06-2023, (Subject: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming ) 
Ok, found a clue as to what might be going on.
Purchased truck used not quite a year ago. We were told and given paperwork to confirm it had new head and machined the block.

The sticker on engine is serial # 79382815. Turns out, This was a complete engine swap prior to the engine work even being done. This engine belonged to a 2010 KW T660.

Our truck is an 09 KW T800. The engine serial number that matches our truck VIN (last 7 digits being J939104) is serial# 79295149.

When our truck is plugged into insight I think it might be picking up the T660 programming and not the programming for our original off the lot engine serial # 79295149 T800.

The Kenworth dealership is using the replaced engine serial # 79382815 but I’m not sure if this would use the same program and calibrations as the T800?

Please help.
replyreply
02-07-2023, (Subject: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming ) 
Insite is seeing the program that is in the engine that's in your truck right now.

You're going to need the right program for that engine and the proper aftertreatment system that goes with that engine, or demandate it and stop pouring money into it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
02-07-2023, (Subject: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming ) 
(02-06-2023 )mxmom777 Wrote:  Ok, found a clue as to what might be going on.
Purchased truck used not quite a year ago. We were told and given paperwork to confirm it had new head and machined the block.

The sticker on engine is serial # 79382815. Turns out, This was a complete engine swap prior to the engine work even being done. This engine belonged to a 2010 KW T660.

Our truck is an 09 KW T800. The engine serial number that matches our truck VIN (last 7 digits being J939104) is serial# 79295149.

When our truck is plugged into insight I think it might be picking up the T660 programming and not the programming for our original off the lot engine serial # 79295149 T800.

The Kenworth dealership is using the replaced engine serial # 79382815 but I’m not sure if this would use the same program and calibrations as the T800?

Please help.

Both of those engines ( 79295149 and 79382815) are compatible with each other 100%, after-treatment systems, programming, and all.

The question is .. Why are you still running a program that was meant for an out-dated dpf unit that is not longer made since 2015?. - Is this because of the after-garbage DPF installed?. .. and what does the company who make said garbage DPf say about what program you should be running?. The older program.. or the newer one?. -= Which standard did they go by for designing and making their garbage-can units?.

-= How much yow want to bet that the after-garbage company who made it cannot even answer those type of questions .. and likely don't even know about the changes to the DPF unit designs by cummins .. and at best, will only trying to tell you crap to dodge the subject and shut you up.

replyreply
02-10-2023, (Subject: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming ) 
So truck is at a parent certified Cummins repair shop and they are telling me this AV10239 program is incorrect for the engine serial number and that if they put it in the truck it’ll blow it sky high if it even starts. They told me that the pistons are hydrocarboned and the lower end needs to be rebuilt. Said it should have constant loss of power and burning a lot of oil, which it’s not doing either.

I called Cummins to confirm it is for North America and not country specific and it is dual use. They weren’t able to verify this place was even an authorized service locator any longer. So I reached back out to dealership to be advised by service advisor that I had no clue what I was talking about and that they just can’t go changing programming without first going through step by step.

I’m at the mercy of Cummins to make rbis truck operational or at least take it to a fair starting point to diagnose.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.