ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker
03-27-2023, (Subject: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker ) 
RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker
(03-27-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Well first your gonna need to tear that donkey dong manifold and other garbage off and throw it in the dumpster out back.

Then you need to put the correct holset VGT that's supposed to be on that engine back on it!! Then you'll be able to put a safe program in that ECM that works properly with the turbo. You can make way more than enough horsepower with the stock VGT, you don't need to go monkeying around changing turbo's.

And don't tell me the EGR cooler is gone and the coolant ports for it are blocked off ????? If that's the case you'll need one of those too. Otherwise your overheating the back 2 cylinder's (5,6) and putting a lot of undue stress on the water pump.

How many miles are on this engine and what's the rear end ratio?

Welp, the donkey dong was on it, that is how it was when I got the truck. Not monkeying around with turbos. It came with a borgwarner and I want it off of the truck.

Of course the water pump was plugged. The new water pump has the open port and I’ll look into getting coolant to the back 2 cylinders.

Not trying to make more hp just put back to OE hp and tq.

Zero miles on the engine I did an out of frame overhaul, replaced, head, fuel pump, oil cooler, injectors, water pump etc…

I believe the rear ratios are 4:10 I’ll verify tomorrow.

Thanks much!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Ironwagons - 03-27-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.