Calterm
04-06-2023, (Subject: Calterm ) 
RE: Calterm
I though that I would throw a little more info on this thread...

(03-29-2023 )Mcwrench94 Wrote:  ... When I run a compare report with a rawze file against a stock file on a 2350 there is upwards of 3000 differences.
I feel like I’m missing something.

Just made a 2350 file for someone in a foreign country w high sulfur diesel use. Of course, it took all of about 10 minutes to make it, because I have a template that applies all the changes at once ... so that, like you mentioned, someone does not have to type them in by hand one at a time.

Here is the (rough) breakdown of how many changes there were for each recommended phase of what needs to happen .. as roughly mentioned in this thread: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid58347

====

phase01 - Engine operating mode control re-mapping, so the engine no longer tries to warm up the cans under the truck and does not try to make extra heat and friction in the cylinders. This has to be done, regardless of any other systems that get switched off, because the ecm is simply too da%mn dumb, and has no auto-correct fix-it sauce inside it for any of this ::: 45 settings.

phase02- Shutting off all hardware (sensors, emissions hardware, etc.) that is no longer relevant to the engine, switched off properly, so that fault codes do not need to be blocked, or suppressed ::: 570 settings.

phase03 - switch off all derates and shutdowns, only leaving the oil pressure and coolant over-temp shutdowns in place ::: 241 settings.

phase04 - Switch off all aftertreatment, scr, doser, def tank, regen systems, .. everything related to managing the stuffs under the vehicle ::: 1839 settings. <- note. it seems like a lot, but the bulk of these settings are very intuitive and easy to recognize/do.

phase-05 - switch off all the egr management, etc. ::: 195 settings to get it all without having to block any fault codes, etc.

phase06 - switch off all aux./fall-back emissions that will kick in and try to alter the engine directly (alters fuel-air-mix, fueling, power, torque, etc.) as a result of all the main egr, aft. systems being turned off ::: 294 settings. most of these are also fairly intuitive and easy to recognize/do.

phase07 - correct all of the engines combustion processes management so that it is not harmful with all the systems + egr shut off. Things like fuel-air-mix, oxygen fuel limiting (black smoke management), injection timing, cold environment corrections/offsets, etc.etc. ::: 100 settings.

phase08 - removal of all unwanted performance limiters so that the engine is as responsive as possible (safely) and is no longer held back by ramp/rate limiters and such ::: 198 settings.

phase09 - Adjust the program so that power and torque changes can be made without fuel limiters getting in the way (without actually changing the power/torque yet) ::: 10 settings that were not already covered by the other phases so far.

phase10 - Desired stuffs like letting cruise and engine brake work down to 5 mph instead of 40mph, disable idle shutdown, etc. + any other optional stuffs that most vehicle owners would prefer be done while your in there ::: 54 settings.

-===

In total when you add it all up .. it becomes ~3,546 changes, and seems like a lot, but actually it is not really so bad when you look at it split apart as shown above.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ktblogistics , Bengy88 , wrenchwabbit91 , barf

Messages In This Thread
Calterm - Mcwrench94 - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - tree98 - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - Mcwrench94 - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - Bengy88 - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - RollinCoal - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - tree98 - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - Rawze - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - RollinCoal - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - Bengy88 - 03-29-2023,
RE: Calterm - Rawze - 04-06-2023
RE: Calterm - Rawze - 04-06-2023,
RE: Calterm - navycuda - 04-06-2023,
RE: Calterm - Rawze - 04-06-2023,
RE: Calterm - walterk - 10-19-2023,
RE: Calterm - navycuda - 10-19-2023,
RE: Calterm - Peashooter67 - 10-20-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.