Coolant Temp Sensor ISSUES
06-30-2023, (Subject: Coolant Temp Sensor ISSUES ) 
RE: Coolant Temp Sensor ISSUES
WHAT ENGINE!!??. Maybe some history of things, etc.. too?.

(Assuming it is an ISX for now) ...

** Maybe trash inside the radiator got into the thermostast? .. Has anyone bothered to replace the thermostat and the little brass ring in the housing?

** Could also be the wire-spring inside the suction-side hose off the top of radiator is now missing? .. and the hose is now collapsing?.

- As far as the temp measurement go.. ensure the OEM switch is reading within a few degrees of the coolant temp at the top of the thermostat housing where it is mounted. Put a new oem sensor on it if you think it is suspect.

.. and if your letting that engine overheat regularly then that head gasket is doomed! (liners will start dancing). ISX's do not like to be overheated.

===================
Related subject...
Is this an OEM radiator?... of an after-garbage?. .. because you know what I am going to say next if it was one of those after-garbage brands.

Here is a random search, fine example of how after-garbage is NOT the way to go with CAC, Radiators, etc... This one was from Detroit Radiators: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid15105

... and don't even get me started with that utter garbage from Dural1ite@@!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant Temp Sensor ISSUES - Rawze - 06-30-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.