Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Coolant Temp Sensor ISSUES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having issue with Digital Temp Reading something and Analog Temp Gauge reading another thing…

First question, Digital says 220f Analog is mostly at 200f and will sometimes go up depending on hills or weather.
Does anyone know where digital is getting 220 and analog is getting 200? Aren’t both sensors reading the same thing? Can someone explain

Also second question, truck seems to be overheating after replacing the radiator, what can cause this? I notice it’s overheating when I’m doing 70 but when I’m doing 60-65 it’s right about normal temps I’ve seen the past 3 years.
I have attached both temp readings as you can see analog is at 200 which I would assume it’s not overheating but digital shows 225 which I would definitely say it’s overheating
WHAT ENGINE!!??. Maybe some history of things, etc.. too?.

(Assuming it is an ISX for now) ...

** Maybe trash inside the radiator got into the thermostast? .. Has anyone bothered to replace the thermostat and the little brass ring in the housing?

** Could also be the wire-spring inside the suction-side hose off the top of radiator is now missing? .. and the hose is now collapsing?.

- As far as the temp measurement go.. ensure the OEM switch is reading within a few degrees of the coolant temp at the top of the thermostat housing where it is mounted. Put a new oem sensor on it if you think it is suspect.

.. and if your letting that engine overheat regularly then that head gasket is doomed! (liners will start dancing). ISX's do not like to be overheated.

===================
Related subject...
Is this an OEM radiator?... of an after-garbage?. .. because you know what I am going to say next if it was one of those after-garbage brands.

Here is a random search, fine example of how after-garbage is NOT the way to go with CAC, Radiators, etc... This one was from Detroit Radiators: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid15105

... and don't even get me started with that utter garbage from Dural1ite@@!!
I’m sorry DD15 2016 Cascadia, Just got new oem radiator and hoses installed after the old one got busted, what has me confused is why on analog gauge it shows as 200f and on digital it’s showing as 225f shouldn’t both be the same? Do you know where analog gauge is getting the temperature? Is it from same location? I’m going to check if my fan is working properly…

Haven’t replaced the thermostat. I would assume it’s OEM tbh 600k miles

What’s the normal temp for dd15? I heard 220 is normal for these trucks but 225 something is wrong but also the weather in Texas is 115f in my area so I’m sure that doesn’t help the poor engine
Also.. don't overlook the obvious ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...27#pid4027
I just noticed 200 is coolant temperature which is not overheating and 225f is temp for engine oil…. Smh
Is 225 -230f alright for engine oil temp?
(06-30-2023 )lesvraissavent Wrote: [ -> ]Is 225 -230f alright for engine oil temp?

Yessir everything looks normal. Just gonna make a suggestion though that could save you $20,000. With your truck having 600k miles on it I strongly suggest to change the oil suction module. There is a square insert in it that will break out and when it does it causes your bearings to spin before you can pull off the road….. just a suggestion
As a DD ... After 600k miles as well.. you cannot change the oil filter at the same time you change the fuel filter.
here is more on this...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid12489
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's