New(to me) truck with unknown tuning.
07-23-2023, (Subject: New(to me) truck with unknown tuning. ) 
RE: New(to me) truck with unknown tuning.
(07-23-2023 )mattdm Wrote:  Flashed the Updated File. Multiplex faults are gone. Took it for a drive and it did the same thing. Any high range gear foot to the floor and I can make it do it every time.

Out of curiosity I flashed my CL10105 Africa File back and went for a drive again. No fault and all the power.

Both the MAP and EBP seem to be reading properly in live data.

There is a way to find out why the ecm is holding back the power, etc. by monitoring the main engine control state data in Calterm. A person can use a desktop recording software like 'OBS-studio', etc.. and then use this screen file in Calterm to record what is going on live wile on a test drive and it acting up....
For the CM2250: http://rawze.com/publicfiles/temp/zz-BBZ...cr.xml.zip

That would tell you exactly what is controlling everything at any given moment. The most important setting to monitor of all being the 'CBL_Fuel_State' setting. Next to that would be the boost, VGT positioning, Turbo speed, engine rpm and torque, etc. in the screen file while going down the roads.

At this point, I would even be curious myself, as this does not seem to be a normal situation for a CM2250. If the truck were here, it could likely be found right away by using that test screen + getting a feel for how it is driving, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
07-24-2023, (Subject: New(to me) truck with unknown tuning. ) 
(07-23-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-23-2023 )mattdm Wrote:  Flashed the Updated File. Multiplex faults are gone. Took it for a drive and it did the same thing. Any high range gear foot to the floor and I can make it do it every time.

Out of curiosity I flashed my CL10105 Africa File back and went for a drive again. No fault and all the power.

Both the MAP and EBP seem to be reading properly in live data.

There is a way to find out why the ecm is holding back the power, etc. by monitoring the main engine control state data in Calterm. A person can use a desktop recording software like 'OBS-studio', etc.. and then use this screen file in Calterm to record what is going on live wile on a test drive and it acting up....
For the CM2250: http://rawze.com/publicfiles/temp/zz-BBZ...cr.xml.zip

That would tell you exactly what is controlling everything at any given moment. The most important setting to monitor of all being the 'CBL_Fuel_State' setting. Next to that would be the boost, VGT positioning, Turbo speed, engine rpm and torque, etc. in the screen file while going down the roads.

At this point, I would even be curious myself, as this does not seem to be a normal situation for a CM2250. If the truck were here, it could likely be found right away by using that test screen + getting a feel for how it is driving, etc.

I will try to do a Datalog and post it in the next few days.

Do you know how your file vs the Africa overlay handle the MAP and EBP sensors? Does the Africa File disable the EBP? Something is different between the 2 which may help narrow in the issue.
replyreply
07-24-2023, (Subject: New(to me) truck with unknown tuning. ) 
(07-24-2023 )mattdm Wrote:  I will try to do a Datalog and post it in the next few days.

Do you know how your file vs the Africa overlay handle the MAP and EBP sensors? Does the Africa File disable the EBP? Something is different between the 2 which may help narrow in the issue.
I leave on most all the engine sensors associated with efficiency itself like amb. air, barro, CAC sensing, etc. and africa turns a lot of that off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.