X15 down on fuel economy recently?
10-09-2023, (Subject: X15 down on fuel economy recently? ) 
RE: X15 down on fuel economy recently?
Seems to me like an awful lot of wear for just 533K. There's no way it would have lasted to a million, is that just because of the mandate and the soot that comes along with it?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
More than likely, if this is bearing wear at 500-600k miles with 12-15k oil change intervals using Mobil delvac 15w40 conventional. I don't even want to know how with extended oil changes would look..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
Makes me wonder what the rest of the lubricated parts look like. Maybe a bypass filter is in order. And probably an inframe at 700k, cam and all !!

replyreply
11-07-2023, (Subject: X15 down on fuel economy recently? ) 
Got a bit to report, so I needed exhaust manifold gaskets #2 had a cold leak and #5 was blown out, but was just out of view enough not to see until the manifold was removed, slip joint rings were also swapped they were leaking too.
Also swapped the turbo with a low mileage (less than 25k miles) replacement off of a X15 X134B CPL 5880 rated at 565hp. Mine is a X15 X116B 4343 CPL rated up to 605hp, I'm at 580HP, They both are HE400VG's but the new one has a curved compressor blade compared to my original flat blade.
./uploads/202311/post_1639_1699411916_e5078fbeba1a4c6d6b0b6dcca7434248.jpg
The turbine blades are the same on both according to Quickserve. Test drove it around the neighborhood with my foot on the brake and it seemed to act similar to the original, although I would like to have expert eyes see live data to determine if the charge air flow will need to be adjusted to prevent any long-term issues. I'll keep you guys posted when I get some hard data.
replyreply
11-08-2023, (Subject: X15 down on fuel economy recently? ) 
I'm not "expert eyes" on this subject but is max boost the same with both turbos?

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(opinion based on what I have seen). As far as performance goes, I wold think the intake impeller differences themselves would be about the same. One is likely a bit more quiet than the other is all.

Otherwise, the only way to tell what 400-series turbo you have, is to measure accurately, the intake housing inlet to see if it is 34mm or 36mm. The 34mm housing is the fuel efficient one, and the 36mm is the heavy haul one with the heavier duty exhaust turbine. This is assuming that they are original and no one has swapped parts around in them at a turbo repair shop or something.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
Max boost is the same on both.
replyreply
11-11-2023, (Subject: X15 down on fuel economy recently? ) 
Ugh the fun continues, fuel economy is accurate according to the fuel consumption counter against how much fuel i put in, but now I got that pesky 0125 code for the imap and/or barometric sensor. Boosts just fine 28-31 lbs above 1500 rpm then it cuts it back to 20 lbs or so clears up then throws the code for it. I get full boost while engine braking 30lbs, I think if the actuator was malfunctioning it would be acting up under power and engine braking? CAC has a very small leak that is barely noticeable at 15psi, but even then why throw the code now and not prior with the leaks the manifold had...
replyreply
11-12-2023, (Subject: X15 down on fuel economy recently? ) 
acceptable leak rate for a CAC is a 10 psi drop in one minute from an initial pressure of 30-psi.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.