Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN
10-18-2023, (Subject: Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN ) 
RE: Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN
I have had no trouble buying from multiple Amazon suppliers, just always make sure the manufacturer shows as cummins filtration or fleet guard…
Come to think of it I did send one shipment back because they were dented, but they paid return shipping and sent me out new ones immediately..

Why don’t I buy from the stealershit?? $100 for an oil filter, $95 for a primary fuel, and $125 for a water separator

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
10-28-2023, (Subject: Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN ) 
^^--- that's about where the prices are for filters here from the dealership.

It's funny, cause they reel ya in with the cosmetic accessories at a fair price (often beating the internet) so you would assume they're reasonable on other items. Unfortunately the dealership nearest me will stick ya on the most important items...such as maintenence and other engine and chassis related repair parts. I imagine other dealers have a similar strategy.
replyreply
10-31-2023, (Subject: Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN ) 
I've bought a bunch of these oil filters from Amazon without issue. Mine all looked like the pic Rawze posted, none had any of the flaws you showed. Here's a link to the exact listing I have been ordering from for the past few years. Note that sometimes the seller is different, but they are always shipped from Amazon with prime shipping. My last order in Oct of last year was sold by "Buyers Lair" and I just checked they are still listed as a seller for this product listing, just not currently the cheapest. Not endorsing that seller or Amazon in general, just sharing my own experience. Incidentally I usually buy 3 each of the 2-Pack since for whatever reason it's always the best deal. They were $70.71 per 2-Pack last year and now they are listing for between $73.99 and $74.99. I also noticed one review claiming a fake product, though they didn't give any details so...?

Fake products could pop up anywhere, but at least I know I can easily return them to Amazon for free if needed. That's part of the reason I usually choose sellers that offer prime shipping, that and I pay for it so might as well get my money's worth (which I do, sadly).

Thanks for the heads up though, I for one will be sure to double check future purchases thoroughly upon receipt.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
11-01-2023, (Subject: Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN ) 
(10-18-2023 )hookliftpete Wrote:  I buy from partandfilters some, application associates also has ok prices.

I ordered from this site , reviewed them and shipping was quick. There 100% legit..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
04-09-2024, (Subject: Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN ) 
I ordered another batch of 6 Lf14000Nn oil filters from Cummins Filtration on Amazon. That's my 3 order. To my surprise, I got the filters with o-rings with no tabs - like the pictures that were posted at the beginning of this thread. Twice before though, i got the style with o-ring with tabs from them. So what gives? I panicked royally, as I know that loose o-rings destroy engines. However, after a thorough examination of this new filter, I decided to keep them. They must be a new style as I tried to remove that o-ring, and it is solid! No way it is going to get sucked in. Also, the are made in USA, and don't look like knockoffs at all. They look like true genuine Fleetgurad filters inside and out. I would love to hear what you guys think and if you run into them and used them.
replyreply
04-09-2024, (Subject: Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN ) 
Unless Fleetguard themselves say this is a redesign, assume it is counterfeit...
replyreply
04-10-2024, (Subject: Amazon’ Fleetguard LF1400NN ) 
(04-09-2024 )marek4792 Wrote:  Unless Fleetguard themselves say this is a redesign, assume it is counterfeit...

Yep, I'm betting they are fakes.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I sent pics to Fleetguard. Waiting for their response......
replyreply
Fleetguard has not responded to my email yet. However, I was able to call them and have an idea why. The amount of counterfeit filters online is MASSIVE! These fakes are no longer easily distinguished as they are very, very close to genuine filters. They have to be cut open to make a proper checkup. As per Fleetguard - anything form Ebay, Amazon is almost !00% counterfeit. They have no dealers or vendors there. Only authorized dealers that you can find on their website have their products.
Online stores of major dealers are good too but have to be checked and verified that they are an AUTHORIZED DEALER - Cummins, etc. I was told that in the last few years this problem has skyrocketed and Fleetgurad has no legal resources to shut these stores quickly enough. Cummins no longer owns them....

I am sending everything (oil, fuel, water filters) back to Amazon......These are 100% knockoffs that look !00% genuine. Crazy times!

UPDATE: i received an email from Fleetguard that basically restated what I was told on the phone before. Also, this is a serious problem for me because I own Volvo and Volvo dealers in South Florida no longer carry Fleetguard filters!
i continued this madness and went to a Kenworth dealer. Surprise! They had all the filters. The oil filter was definitely different on the inside and had the o-ring with tabs. But! The water separator filter looked 100% identical inside and out. There was no need to cut it as all parts were clearly visible. The filter strata had even the same pattern with kinks and bends. My takeaway is that unless one takes a microscope and see the differences in the composition of the material, there is no way to see if it's counterfeited on not.

Another Update: I thought I mention this as it is really funny and tragic all at the same time:
So, when I asked the guy at Volvo why they stopped selling Fleetguard filters, he told me people had trouble with them plugging prematurely. What!!! Is it possible that they were just doing their job and were not able to last long enough for their crazy oil change intervals!!! He brought Lubefine filters.... I asked about the micron rating for a fuel filter, but he conveniently was not able to get that information. Run Forest, run......!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.