AIR TANK LEAKING
11-25-2016, (Subject: AIR TANK LEAKING ) 
AIR TANK LEAKING
I have air leaking around the bolts in the picture, What can i do to stop the air leak?./uploads/201611/post_2347_1480113980_e8ee0b1ae659c5bcb95b9cfe5140dbcc.jpg./uploads/201611/post_2347_1480114012_96b2377711ef9e8a9c29064c2968c72c.jpg

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
RE: AIR TANK LEAKING
Those plugs look really cruddy. See if you can buy a couple of new plugs, dump all the air and clean the threads in the tank thoroughly and reseal with teflon tape. Air tanks rust from the inside out.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
I wonder if they are not a NPT pipe thread and are some other kind of thread?
replyreply
(11-25-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Those plugs look really cruddy. See if you can buy a couple of new plugs, dump all the air and clean the threads in the tank thoroughly and reseal with teflon tape. Air tanks rust from the inside out.
What's is the best way to clean tank???? Also do you think the plugs are dealer item

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
Go to any heavy truck part store that sells fittings and you can buy the plugs. Teflon tape and your good.

Hell i wouldn't even bother changing the plug's but I'm a cheap bastard!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
11-26-2016, (Subject: AIR TANK LEAKING ) 
(11-25-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Go to any heavy truck part store that sells fittings and you can buy the plugs. Teflon tape and your good.

Me too. I'd pull them, wire brush clean them, re-Teflon tape them, and shove them back in.

Personally I'd be more worried about those POS push in synflex line connectors. Those things are about as effective as screen doors on submarines when it gets cold! I'd like to kick the SOB that came up with that dumb idea in the gonads. Once for every single one produced since he developed that brain fart!

I'd tell you how I really feel, but that's why I have no friends, so I'm trying to play nice...is it working?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
11-26-2016, (Subject: AIR TANK LEAKING ) 
(11-26-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(11-25-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Go to any heavy truck part store that sells fittings and you can buy the plugs. Teflon tape and your good.

Me too. I'd pull them, wire brush clean them, re-Teflon tape them, and shove them back in.

Personally I'd be more worried about those POS push in synflex line connectors. Those things are about as effective as screen doors on submarines when it gets cold! I'd like to kick the SOB that came up with that dumb idea in the gonads. Once for every single one produced since he developed that brain fart!

I'd tell you how I really feel, but that's why I have no friends, so I'm trying to play nice...is it working?
That what i am going to do, just clean them and re-Teflon them... Just one more question...What is a good cleaner for air systems???

replyreply
11-27-2016, (Subject: AIR TANK LEAKING ) 
Yo could also you a little evaporust to clean the threads with a fine wire brush.
This is one of the best products on the market for removing rust. https://www.evaporust.com/

I have used it to clean rusted motorcycle tanks. Lots of uses. It is non toxic and safe to use.

As for the air system, Regular change of the air dryer desiccant cartridge and daily blowing out the tanks.
I don't know any product other than de-icer, which are mostly alcohol, last resort.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.