Insite install issue
11-18-2023, (Subject: Insite install issue ) 
RE: Insite install issue
Got 7.6 to go my on Win10 laptop but can't get the key generator to work for some reason. Trying the 8.7 now
replyreply
11-18-2023, (Subject: Insite install issue ) 
(11-18-2023 )FLdriver Wrote:  Got 7.6 to go my on Win10 laptop but can't get the key generator to work for some reason. Trying the 8.7 now

Sultan keymaker randomly fails with a popup 'unknown error' or something when making keys. its normal.. keep trying. Only need to change the year to something like 2031, and noting else. It can fail many, many times, but then decides to make a key, as long as the request code is good. NO internet needed.

It can fail 30 or maybe 40+ or more times sometimes, then suddenly make a key. Seems to be random luck. I have made keys with it to the year 2043 (by only changing the expiry year and nothing else) successfully when playing around with it on my own computer, just testing it, so I know that year still works.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-19-2023, (Subject: Insite install issue ) 
I did get 8.7 to work. Haven't hooked to the truck yet but seems all it good. I know you like the 7.6 but it's better then nothing. Had my emissions fault like on for a week, shop claimed it was for injector #3 but couldn't say why and now the light has turned off on its own again. Also asked him again to copy my file and it didn't get done, so time learn to do it myself.

Need to track down Service Ranger I'm guessing, as well as Calterm when I'm ready to go into it more.
replyreply
(11-19-2023 )FLdriver Wrote:  
(11-18-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-18-2023 )FLdriver Wrote:  Got 7.6 to go my on Win10 laptop but can't get the key generator to work for some reason. Trying the 8.7 now

keymaker randomly fails with unknown error when making keys. its normal.. keep trying.

Need to track down Service Ranger I'm guessing, as well as Calterm when I'm ready to go into it more.

You'll need calterm to copy the programout of the ECM, insite only copies a small fraction of it and not the entire thing.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(11-19-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  
(11-19-2023 )FLdriver Wrote:  
(11-18-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  

keymaker randomly fails with unknown error when making keys. its normal.. keep trying.

You'll need calterm to copy the programout of the ECM, insite only copies a small fraction of it and not the entire thing.

Guess I'll need to track it down sooner then. Wanting to send it out to be worked on.
replyreply
11-22-2023, (Subject: Insite install issue ) 
Well it works. Spent about 2 hours looking around. Changed a couple minor things, did a couple simple diag tests. Will get back in later to run the other tests and figure out what other simple changes I need to make.

Any suggestions? I changed torque control from maximum economy to balanced. Hopefully that'll help some of my complaints. Haven't had a chance to drive it this week.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.