Aussie ISX 15 E5 SCR Delete/issues
11-20-2023, (Subject: Aussie ISX 15 E5 SCR Delete/issues ) 
Aussie ISX 15 E5 SCR Delete/issues
Hi all
Have an aussie ISX15 E5 in one of my trucks. Doesnt do any on road work. Off road work only so is not subjected to running mandated emissions.

I will post all info below on ECM/Engine.

Had a delete years ago, then someone turned the adblu/SCR back on so cummins could do a rebuild on the engine, problem is they never cleaned the SCR Canister and it became so blocked it cause massive turbo back pressure issues. I have since gutted the SCR canister, but now obviously i am getting alot of Nox error codes and derates.

How do i go about deleting these, i do not need the SCR to be functional, hence why i gutted the SCR canister. As the Nox and SCR unit is seperate to the truck engines, can i just put block codes in with calterm on the 2 codes causing me derates? or what other options people suggest. Seen plenty of delete files out there for the ISX15-e5 but they are for engines with EGR, DPF and SCR. We dont run them here in Australia. Ours only have SCR (Adblu/Def)

This ECM has a factory 600hp/2050ft tune in it. Which is needs to retain as its a 170ton (370,000lbs) rated truck, pulling quad trailers in a mine.

esn 79711168
p/n 4993120
s/n 28786
d/c 01092014
e/c ds10005.05-800

Marketing Engine Configuration #
D103011BB05
Marketing Model Name
ISX15E5 550
Service Model Name
ISX15 CM2250 SN
Technical Engine Configuration #
D103011BX03
ENGINE BUILD DETAILS
Build Date
2014-01-08T00:00:00Z
Build Plant
JEP - JAMESTOWN ENGINE PLANT
CPL #
Shop Order
SO39597
Warranty Start Date
2015-09-03T00:00:00Z
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION DETAILS
ECM Code
DS10005
Fuel Pump Part #
Fuel Pump Calibration
PE21[/font]
replyreply
RE: Aussie ISX 15 E5 SCR Delete/issues
First of all, simply blocking the faults will significantly shorten the engine life. This is why most delete programs are horribly bad and kill engines to begin with. Some clueless fool thinking that is all they have to do.

Matter of fact, if you gutted the cans, it is already trying to make as much friction and heat in the engine internally already. This is due to the cans being gutted and the temp readings from SCR/emissions system, etc. being incorrect now. Properly de-mandating the engine is not nearly that simple as blocking fault codes and ignoring the problems that follow.

There are unicorn fairies in there that will make it run right. No AI.. NO intelligence whatsoever.. it is beyond dumb as a brick!. The engine will simply run in incorrect engine operating modes (SCR warm-up, SCR temp control modes) all the time, get stuck there, and eat itself apart due to all the excessive friction it is trying to make all the time to warm up exhaust cans that are no longer there.

Things can be done right if that is your goal... but you will find almost no one who can do it right, as they are just as clueless as I mentioned above. - Bad De-mandate programming is a plague in the trucking industry and where you live, it is beyond out of control.

An FYI: It should also be known that the program for that particular model engine (known as a 'BDG' engine) has about 400 unique settings in it that are not found in other CM2250 ecm programs.

Start by copying the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me... then you can go from there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-20-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  First of all, simply blocking the faults will significantly shorten the engine life. This is why most delete programs are horribly bad and kill engines to begin with. Some clueless fool thinking that is all they have to do.

Matter of fact, if you gutted the cans, it is already trying to make as much friction and heat in the engine internally already. This is due to the cans being gutted and the temp readings from SCR/emissions system, etc. being incorrect now. Properly de-mandating the engine is not nearly that simple as blocking fault codes and ignoring the problems that follow.

There are unicorn fairies in there that will make it run right. No AI.. NO intelligence whatsoever.. it is beyond dumb as a brick!. The engine will simply run in incorrect engine operating modes (SCR warm-up, SCR temp control modes) all the time, get stuck there, and eat itself apart.

Things can be done right if that is your goal... but you will find almost no one who can do it right, as they are just as clueless as I mentioned above. - Bad De-mandate programming is a plague in the trucking industry and where you live, it is beyond out of control.

Start by copying the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me... then you can go from there.

Hi mate,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I did an UPLOAD in Calterm on the ECM, but i didnt have the exact version number for the ECFG file. I got the following warning.

"The Value Calibration Version in Config File header records does not match the value of Calibration Version in device. Config header = 5.30.0.4. Value in Calibration 5.30.1.64"

Will my ECM Upload still be good to use? or do i need to source the exact file to do the correct upload, before i email it to you?
replyreply
(11-20-2023 )nvenn1 Wrote:  ...
Hi mate,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I did an UPLOAD in Calterm on the ECM, but i didnt have the exact version number for the ECFG file. I got the following warning.

"The Value Calibration Version in Config File header records does not match the value of Calibration Version in device. Config header = 5.30.0.4. Value in Calibration 5.30.1.64"

Will my ECM Upload still be good to use? or do i need to source the exact file to do the correct upload, before i email it to you?

it will be ok.

I PM"d you the email to send the file to.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
He also posted this over on one of those other sites. Guess those clowns couldn't help.... big surprise, what a joke it is over there. Atleast he found his way to the light!!!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.