Cat c15 BXS IVA issues
12-02-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
RE: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues
Mommaburt would know more I think or check out Adept Ape on u-tube may have a video on this.
It' s been quite a few years since I drove one but seems to me you can hear a difference when driving them if one of the iva heads is cracked- maybe blue smoke also? Check for oil contamination on head thru plugs harness. This will cause bad communication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBo7vLA3uF4&t=604s
added video link

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
12-08-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
Replaced actuator, passed test no more codes. Problem solved.

Thanks!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-08-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
(12-08-2023 )Nerv Wrote:  Replaced actuator, passed test no more codes. Problem solved.

Thanks!

Now is the task of finding out why it failed to begin with... so that it does not happen again (something causing it) ... or if the rest of them need replacing (simply worn out).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-19-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
(12-08-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-08-2023 )Nerv Wrote:  Replaced actuator, passed test no more codes. Problem solved.

Thanks!

Now is the task of finding out why it failed to begin with... so that it does not happen again (something causing it) ... or if the rest of them need replacing (simply worn out).

seen this lots on the accert kittys most of the time the fella that was in the top end didnt tie wrap the wiring to the provided loops in the rocker box the wires contact the valvetrain and rub out shorting the coil. i have had the wiring rub out so bad it shorts the ecm and had the jakes not working on medium or high.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.