power steering
03-03-2016, (Subject: power steering ) 
power steering
sometimes stops working when backing in a small seal leak at top ?
replyreply
RE: power steering
There should be a filter on the reservoir and it could be causing restriction.....but I doubt it. If you have a leak maybe the high pressure side is leaking into the low pressure side. Does it completely loose power or does it just get weak? If it completely loses power and comes back I would prolly say there is a valve in the system that is sticking.....and prolly not serviceable.
replyreply
it completely gone seem after finsh backing for 10 min into parking spot pull bakes and sit a few min. its fine
it will happen 1 to 2 months apart still a work out when it does
replyreply
(03-03-2016 )BSTRUCK Wrote:  it completely gone seem after finsh backing for 10 min into parking spot pull bakes and sit a few min. its fine
it will happen 1 to 2 months apart still a work out when it does

Sounds like its sucking air. When it does it again check the fluid right away and see if its a frothing strawberry milkshake.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
03-04-2016, (Subject: power steering ) 
when is the last time you changed the oil out and filter?

Power steering is one of the most neglected systems on trucks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-20-2016, (Subject: power steering ) 
If your power steering is turning black it might be leaking oil into it and time to replace power steering pump.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.