Oil Filters, what's your opinion?
09-25-2016, (Subject: Oil Filters, what's your opinion? ) 
RE: Oil Filters, what's your opinion?
(09-24-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  FleetGuard here too... Same experience as Rawze in regards to oil... Right now at 10,000 miles there about, and I just checked it, still clean and a nice yellow brownish color.
The Cummins overhaul kit came with the new lf14000nn. I've used them on the last two oil changes and the oil is staying very clean. I had problems with the LF9001 and 9080 soot blocking and switched to Baldwin. Soot is no longer a problem so I'm back to Fleetguard.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
I've got my last 9080 on there, will be switching over to the new one too... Looks like a better design over the 9001 and 9080.
replyreply
One of my four ISX"s blew a turbo then within a week the turbo actuater failed then was replaced. After all that the engine started deregulating itself. local dealer diagnosed it to the oil sensor unit to no avail. I took the fleetgaurd filter off and changed it with a wix and it solved the problem. wether there was something that pluged it i dont know. I have had good luck with both brands over the years.
replyreply
09-26-2016, (Subject: Oil Filters, what's your opinion? ) 
(09-25-2016 )milkman4282015 Wrote:  ...
local dealer diagnosed it to the oil sensor unit to no avail.

Sounds like your local dealer is an idiot. It is so common for the ISX to derate and have lower than normal oil pressure from soot-packed filters that it is not funny. Anyone who works on them much would know this. Any time you get an oil pressure drop on an ISX, the FIRST thing you do is replace the oil filter to see if it is soot-packed or clogged with something. -- Not the sending unit, so that you can run up someone's bill and sell them some parts. If your taking your truck to the stealerships, then I see nothing but more problems in your future, and an empty wallet to boot. -- then again, I hear theres a couple clown in Fontanna,CA working on peoples trucks and butchering them very badly too. Guy claims he used to work for Kenworth,... and is a complete idiot parts changing crook from what I am hearing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-26-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-25-2016 )milkman4282015 Wrote:  ...
local dealer diagnosed it to the oil sensor unit to no avail.

Sounds like your local dealer is an idiot. It is so common for the ISX to derate and have lower than normal oil pressure from soot-packed filters that it is not funny. Anyone who works on them much would know this. Any time you get an oil pressure drop on an ISX, the FIRST thing you do is replace the oil filter to see if it is soot-packed or clogged with something. -- Not the sending unit, so that you can run up someone's bill and sell them some parts. If your taking your truck to the stealerships, then I see nothing but more problems in your future, and an empty wallet to boot. -- then again, I hear theres a couple clown in Fontanna,CA working on peoples trucks and butchering them very badly too. Guy claims he used to work for Kenworth,... and is a complete idiot parts changing crook from what I am hearing.

What's this guy's name or location?
replyreply
What is it between oil changes? Six POUNDS of soot is created? I would change the filter first... Pretty easy to do and a helluva lot cheaper than engine parts and sensors.
replyreply
09-29-2016, (Subject: Oil Filters, what's your opinion? ) 
I went to the local oilfield parts store to get my filters once. Guy brought out a bunch of big ol' orange Fram filters! No problems, though, and that's what I've been using ever since.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.